• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Really, and you actually believe any of these tyrants care anything at all about some old oath...

Gunner

I'm confused by your argument and position here. First, you say that the bill is hogwash, has no chance of passing, and that we should not be concerned (let alone upset) about it, and then you accuse the legislators of being tyrants and oath-breakers. Which is it? You're sort of arguing both sides of the fence here.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I'm confused by your argument and position here. First, you say that the bill is hogwash, has no chance of passing, and that we should not be concerned (let alone upset) about it, and then you accuse the legislators of being tyrants and oath-breakers. Which is it? You're sort of arguing both sides of the fence here.
    Who is winning? :dunno:

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana

No, not arguing or even trying to make any point. The legislators that are tyrants will attempt to pass just about any kind of Unconstitutional legislation as long as it furthers their own political agenda. As for being upset, I was only saying BS to the search provision which I never saw, and I have been replying to posts here and other locations telling people there is no search provision. Be upset that the kinds of tyrants that are in elected positions are still attempting to create a nation of criminals.

Gunner

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    No, not arguing or even trying to make any point. The legislators that are tyrants will attempt to pass just about any kind of Unconstitutional legislation as long as it furthers their own political agenda. As for being upset, I was only saying BS to the search provision which I never saw, and I have been replying to posts here and other locations telling people there is no search provision. Be upset that the kinds of tyrants that are in elected positions are still attempting to create a nation of criminals.

Gunner
    There is no search provision NOW. There was a search provision before they corrected it. You're running around spreading disinformation about an article that was correct at the time it was written. The only reason they "corrected" it was that it would have been challenged in the courts and found unConstitutional and their entire bill would have been tossed.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Who is winning? :dunno:

Just one man. Just one man.

bDNAkNH.png

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    There is no search provision NOW. There was a search provision before they corrected it. You're running around spreading disinformation about an article that was correct at the time it was written. The only reason they "corrected" it was that it would have been challenged in the courts and found unConstitutional and their entire bill would have been tossed.

Unless someone can point me to the text of the original bill that included some kind of a Unconstitutional search provision I can only go by what you and others are saying. The first time I even read the bill was around 9:30 this morning and even then there was no search provision in the bill that was on the Washington page.

Gunner

reesez

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Chevyville
    Unless someone can point me to the text of the original bill that included some kind of a Unconstitutional search provision I can only go by what you and others are saying. The first time I even read the bill was around 9:30 this morning and even then there was no search provision in the bill that was on the Washington page.

Gunner

Well there was, now its gone, oh well. Now settle down girls, you're all pretty!!!:laugh:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Here is a link I just found.

Did Sen. Kline

So this isbasically his pet bill that he forwarded in 2005 and 2010.

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

I'm not looking at it now, but from what I saw this morning, it had a provision that if any portion was found unenforceable, the rest would remain. Or am I mistaken about that being in there? I was kinda tired so I might be misremembering.

Blessings,
    Bill

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I'm not looking at it now, but from what I saw this morning, it had a provision that if any portion was found unenforceable, the rest would remain. Or am I mistaken about that being in there? I was kinda tired so I might be misremembering.

Blessings,
    Bill
    Don't remember seeing it. Not sure it would be up to them, tho. Wouldn't that fall to the courts?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Don't remember seeing it. Not sure it would be up to them, tho. Wouldn't that fall to the courts?
    It seems to me to be a severability clause.

NEW SECTION. Sec. 4. If any provision of this act or its
    23 application to any person or circumstance is held invalid, the
    24 remainder of the act or the application of the provision to other
    25 persons or circumstances is not affected.

I could see a court invalidating the whole thing, but the way that's written, the court would have to find something wrong in each portion of it.

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom