• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hillnc01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2012
    FT. Wayne
    I bought a Wasr 10 a few weeks ago and have been going crazy not being able to shoot it with work and home projects piling up... I finally got the opportunity today to shoot off a couple hundred rounds with a few friends... I loaded up the first mag and started shooting... It felt great until about the 20th round when it sounded a little funny. Pulled the trigger again and nothing happened, looked down at the gun and the firing pin was sticking out the side of the gun about an inch and half.... WTF, at first I thought I was seeing things, then took a closer look only to get more angry. I took it to the gun shop down the street from where I was shooting and they said they have never seen anything like that happen before... The gunsmith wasn't available so I took it to another gunsmith in Fort Wayne and he said the same thing and thought it was crazy that something like that could happen... Has anyone else ever heard of this happening?

hillnc01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2012
    FT. Wayne
    I should have taken pics of it, but I was so upset I just took it to a gunsmith. I'm sure it's fixable according to him, but he said he'd need a day or two to find out what all needs to be done.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    the firing pin was sticking out the side of the gun about an inch and half....

The firing pin, as in the pointy rod of metal inside the bolt, was "sticking out the side of the gun" HOW? Pierced through the side of the receiver? Wedged between the receiver and the dustcover?

I don't see how that is physically possible in either instance, without a catastrophic failure (i.e. an explosion), which you presumably would have mentioned.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    , looked down at the gun and the firing pin was sticking out the side of the gun about an inch and half....

Has anyone else ever heard of this happening?

Absolutely not

A firing pin***,
    AK-059.gif

or

bolt assembly
    original.JPG

went through an AK receiver?

Which gunsmith in the Fort is working on it? Keep us posted on what went wrong..

:popcorn::cool:

Last edited:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I've shot A LOT of AKs over the years and have never seen or heard of anything remotely sounding like this. Very odd. I wish you had snapped a few pics. It's be interesting to see what the gunsmith has to say about the repair. Oh btw.... Hope you learned to not pull the trigger again after hearing "something funny..." until you've investigated the weapon for the cause or defects. :twocents:

hillnc01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2012
    FT. Wayne
    , looked down at the gun and the firing pin was sticking out the side of the gun about an inch and half....

Has anyone else ever heard of this happening?

Absolutely not

A firing pin***,
    AK-059.gif

or

bolt assembly
    original.JPG

went through an AK receiver?

:popcorn::cool:

Yep that happend... Honestly at this point I am calling the gunsmith today and hopefully he hasn't worked on it yet so I can take a few pics.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    In response to what I posted earlier, I THINK what had happened in the other incident was that the pins holding the bolt together were very weak. When the guy pulled the trigger, the force of the hammer sheared his bolt pins and ejected the firing pin into the buttstock. It went into the stock because the firing pin hit the primer hard and pierced it causing it to fly back into the stock. Now I could be off my rocker but that's what I remember. Seemed like a lot of bad luck all at once.

When I get home I'm going to try and find that thread. It was pulled up on a google search about six/seven months ago so I don't even know what site it was :(

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    Specificity, OP. We demand it.

Was it the whole bolt, or just the firing pin?
    From where on the receiver was it protruding?
    Face first, or tail end first?
    What was the effect on the bolt carrier? Dust cover?
    You've admittedly been fondling your new AK a lot over the past week or two. Did you disassemble it?

Please give details, lest you be accused of trying to start rumors that AK's are ugly, hastily built, loosely fit, inaccurate rifles.

Top Bottom