• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    Well, I finally took my Wasr 10 out to shoot this weekend. This gun was purchased NIB about a month or so ago (maybe a little longer). I since have purchased some Eastern European mags to go with the two Tapco Polymer mags.

I have Golden Bear FMJ and Wolf FMJ ammo to shoot.

I take it out of it's case at my friends farm. Pull the mags out, insert, rack and start firing. After aboue 12 rounds it jams. I clear and fire ab out 5 more times, jams again. This kept going on with the Tapco and the Eastern European mags. For the most part the bolt assembly gets about halfway forward but the round will jam up.

On a few occasions it seems like the mags were not going into the gun far enough. It sometimes would not strip a round out of the mag and I would have to put pressure on the bottom of the mag in order to get it to load.

That is problem #1 which is a big problem, but not my #1 concern.

My #1 concern is that the pin the holds the trigger keeps walking out. I can be pushed in an out with just finger pressure. in addition there are a few times it would do a double tap or even a tripple tap when I was not intending it to do this. naturally I do not want it this way for a few reaons. One is the legal reasons and one is I know that it i just plain dangerous. I think this is becuase the tirgger group was moving around once the pin would slide from the right side of the reciever.

I can post some pics tonight if you tell me what to take them of.

Thanks everyone.

glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Tapco stuff is junk IMO, not sure about EE mags, but they are probably to blame also.

The pin walking out? I'd put some loctite on it.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    For the most part the bolt assembly gets about halfway forward but the round will jam up.

By "jam up" are you talking about a failure to feed? If it's doing it with multiple mags, but not consistently, then something is causing the bolt to stick. My bet is that the top/face of the hammer needs to be polished a bit in order to allow the bolt to pass over it smoothly. Not uncommon with the Tapco trigger sets used in the WASR builds.

My #1 concern is that the pin the holds the trigger keeps walking out. I can be pushed in an out with just finger pressure.

Shepherd's hook (i.e. hammer/trigger pin retaining wire) is missing or installed improperly. Field-strip the gun and look inside the receiver along the left-hand wall; you should see a wire that loops over or under the hammer and trigger pins, and exerts pressure in the grooves of the pins to keep them in place. There are several different styles. If it is missing entirely, Red Star Arms offers a retaining plate that a bit more expensive than the traditional wire, but much easier to install.

Take a look and LMK what you find!

ETA - I'm not too far from you; drop me a PM if you want to get together and I'll give it a good looking over.

not sure about EE mags, but they are probably to blame also.

The pin walking out? I'd put some loctite on it.

Dude, do you even own an AK?

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    By "jam up" are you talking about a failure to feed? If it's doing it with multiple mags, but not consistently, then something is causing the bolt to stick. My bet is that the top/face of the hammer needs to be polished a bit in order to allow the bolt to pass over it smoothly. Not uncommon with the Tapco trigger sets used in the WASR builds.

Shepherd's hook (i.e. hammer/trigger pin retaining wire) is missing or installed improperly. Field-strip the gun and look inside the receiver along the left-hand wall; you should see a wire that loops over or under the hammer and trigger pins, and exerts pressure in the grooves of the pins to keep them in place. There are several different styles. If it is missing entirely, Red Star Arms offers a retaining plate that a bit more expensive than the traditional wire, but much easier to install.

Take a look and LMK what you find!

ETA - I'm not too far from you; drop me a PM if you want to get together and I'll give it a good looking over.

Dude, do you even own an AK?

now that is funny stuff...

Yes it is FTF, guess i could have been more clear... I will check when I get home for the retainer clip. Also, what is the best way to go about polishing the hammer face?

If I cant get it figured out I will need some help and local help is a plus!

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Also, what is the best way to go about polishing the hammer face?

Mr. Dremel is your friend. :) Go slowly; the goal is not to remove a lot of material, just to smooth things out a bit. If that doesn't cure it, my next step would be to look at how the mags are sitting in the receiver. If they're too high, the bolt could be dragging on the feed lips which would slow things down. Next time you go out to test fire, mark your mags and keep track of which ones it hangs up with. The culprit here is most likely NOT the Eastern European mags, but rather the quality (or lack thereof) of the magwell conversion done by the Century monkeys.

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    Mr. Dremel is your friend. :) Go slowly; the goal is not to remove a lot of material, just to smooth things out a bit. If that doesn't cure it, my next step would be to look at how the mags are sitting in the receiver. If they're too high, the bolt could be dragging on the feed lips which would slow things down. Next time you go out to test fire, mark your mags and keep track of which ones it hangs up with. The culprit here is most likely NOT the Eastern European mags, but rather the quality (or lack thereof) of the magwell conversion done by the Century monkeys.

When i got the Wasr, the magwel was a little big and this caused a lot of mag wobble. I read several things online that stated that a little jb welt was the key to fixing this. I built up a little on one side so the mags do not wobble any longer.

Also, The gun cycles just fine if I just rack the gun each time. I can chamber and extract 30 rounds with no problem doing it by hand.

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    After pulling it apart last night and looking at some pictures online, I determined that the Pin retainer bar was not installed correctly. I was able to get it installed and the pins now fit snuggly with no play.

In addition I learned a lot about my rifle.

Now for the hammer polishing. If I use a dremel, which attachment shoudl I use? Stone, Cotto?

Also While I am polishing, should I polish any other areas?

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    After pulling it apart last night and looking at some pictures online, I determined that the Pin retainer bar was not installed correctly. I was able to get it installed and the pins now fit snuggly with no play.

In addition I learned a lot about my rifle.

Now for the hammer polishing. If I use a dremel, which attachment shoudl I use? Stone, Cotto?

Also While I am polishing, should I polish any other areas?

Not sure what kind of retainer you have in there, but these are nice if you ever need one.

Top Bottom