• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    My covers were tight at first, but have since settled in. It's easy to not get it on correctly if your not familiar with doing it. I have 2 WASRs and they are fun as hell to shoot. I made one all black, and refinished the wood on the other one with a blood red stain. I have pics on here somewhere?

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    arsenal ak's about 1 year ago were going for $520 for the sgl series. They're the closest you can get to a russian military rifle. Sure you could buy a saiga and convert it yourself, but just saving the time and money to drill and tap a bullet guide is worth the extra money for me not to mention the rest of the trigger group conversion 922r blankity blank blank process and paying to have the gun refinished to cover up the bare metal. As far as ak's go IMHO the sgl series by arsenal are the best you can get. Sure it costs a little more, but you're getting way more for your money than if you did it all yourself.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I posted on here a few weeks ago about my WASR dust cover blowing off when fired. It was brand new and it blew off three consecutive times. I took it home and filed the bottom of the square hole that the button goes through, allowing the button to fully engage in the hole, and haven't had the problem since (500 or so rnds). It wasn't a big deal to me, as it was just a few swipes with the file, and problem solved. I've since bought two more WASR 10's, and love em all.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I really don't understand why anyone would waste that kind of money on an Arsenal AK. Especially when you could get a VEPR from RA for less, and they are a much better firearm.

(by the way, your Glock is crooked:D)

Because when I got mine it was cheaper than you can get a used WASR now ;)....Go Bradis!

PLANEMECH

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Decatur, IN
    I had the same problem with my WASR. Cover did not want to go back on after first cleaning had to really beat it on at first. Was mad also. Then found out this can be normal. Got another cover form an AK supplier with
    Rail mounts for red dot it also was to tight so I took a dremal and grinded on front of cover to allow the back enough clearance to fit in slot in back of reciever now everything comes on and off easily like should be. Those Romainan must know good tricks to get tight ones on.
    :patriot:

Top Bottom