• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Stand on the idealistic moral high ground all you want. The reality is this, if you vote for anyone but Romney for president you are helping to elect Obama. It is the reality of the beast of the two party system. Yes the only way to break the two party system to vote for someone else. But you dont have the backing to break that chain this time around.

Your only choice to effect the out come of the presidential election of 2012 is to vote for or against Obama. This futile meandering of all the choices is one of many causes for people to just say screw it and stay home, many will feel they are doomed to another four years of the self serving God like Obama and just say screw it. I know others that are planning to do that for this election and I cant change their minds.

You would have to change America before the two party system would fall to a better system where people actually had real choices.

As active as I have been for years in the election process, I am close to just saying screw it myself, set home on election day and wait to watch Rome burn.

Not voting is voting for Obama. If you get lucky though, you might get to vote for Romney and still watch Rome burn (doubt he'll win but it isn't like he'll save the country if he does). You've convinced me though, I'm going to just vote for Obama since a vote for Johnson is a vote for Obama, unless you're from the Obama camp...then a vote for Johnson is a vote against Obama (sounds like they get it slightly more than the Republicans).

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    But since Johnson is not 'statistically electable' this time around..... your vote IS wasted. Sorry, but that's the inconvenient TRUTH. :patriot:

It shouldn't be a surprise that Paul supporters may also support Gary Johnson...they're politically similar.

How would my vote be wasted? If you turn off the boob tube and look at the facts, Obama and Romney are essentially the same candidate. If I voted for Mitt, I'd be surrendering. It isn't about ego; it's about conscience.

Truckerman79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    McCordsville, IN
    If not voting for Romney is a vote for Obama, then not voting for Obama must be a vote for Romney. Using that logic, a vote for Gary Johnson is a vote for Romney. Or it could be a vote for Obama. Or it could be what it actually is...a vote for Gary Johnson.

Don't support the evil duopoly. Write your local reps to end restrictive third party ballot access and straight ticket voting. Make the morons that line up at the polls actually have to check the box next to a name, not a party. The rules are set up in favor of a two party system for a reason.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Not voting is voting for Obama. If you get lucky though, you might get to vote for Romney and still watch Rome burn (doubt he'll win but it isn't like he'll save the country if he does). You've convinced me though, I'm going to just vote for Obama since a vote for Johnson is a vote for Obama, unless you're from the Obama camp...then a vote for Johnson is a vote against Obama (sounds like they get it slightly more than the Republicans).

Not voting is voting for Obama. And many including me believe Rome is going to burn. Just a matter of when the last amber glows.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Not voting is voting for Obama. And many including me believe Rome is going to burn. Just a matter of when the last amber glows.

Romney or Obama, the only difference will be how much gasoline is thrown on the fire. 3rd party candidate wins by a freak occurrence, it'll be like trying to put out a 4 alarm fire with a mini hand-held extinguisher.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    It is comical to read how Obama will ruin everything, as will Romney albeit at a slightly slower rate, Yet Romney is best for the Country. Then read how what might actually be best for the Country isn't an option because too many people are depending on the two party system to maintain the status quo. Then read how these mind numbed, do nothing, takers will ruin the country. So it makes perfect logic to vote Romney because he has the only chance at having a non-Dem in the WH because We Can't Let The System Fail!

What I really boils down to is this:

If a person votes Romney for any other reason than his/her ideology, they are doing so becuse they are too scared to allow the system to crash. They suffer from normalcy bias and cannot see beyond the short term.

Those that speak of how we can not allow Obama to continue because of "our children and grandchildren" have bought into the thought that its courageous to vote R This time, thinking that Romney will buy the country enough time to keep things as close to what they are now until someone else can came along and turn things around. In fact, courage has little to do with it. It would take courage to allow the the corrupt system to fail and to be there to help re-construct, righting the errors of the last 100 years along the way.

Yes, this is the most important election in our time, at the moment, then will come 2016 and it will be even more important, and so on and so forth, and it will remain this way unless the cycle is broken.

If the ABO's are so concerned about the future of the Nation, how is installing a status quo leader going to make things better?

The pain of letting it crash now will be much less than what will occur later. The longer we push a collapse into the future, the less chance we will have to rebuild.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

With age comes wisdom or just the recognition of how things work or don't. I was so involved in changing the world when a very young man. Well, the world changed and I see I was wrong in some of my beliefs. Not all but some. Now i only hope there is time to at least get the ship turned back towards a decent course. These turns will be incremental and hard to see at first but once started easier to notice.
    Our political structure is full of bureaucratic crap that just electing a 3rd party Pres. will not make the changes you all seek. This mess has to be re-built from the ground up. Romney will not be the savior only a tool to start the project. Are the republicans the answer, no. If we give them complete control as the Dems had for so many years will they fix it, no. They might slow the ship down some so a grass roots 3rd party can be established and allowed to flourish. Another 4 yrs. of this crap and we are on a collision course with the shore. The boat as we know it or have known it is sinking my friends.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    With age comes wisdom or just the recognition of how things work or don't. I was so involved in changing the world when a very young man. Well, the world changed and I see I was wrong in some of my beliefs. Not all but some. Now i only hope there is time to at least get the ship turned back towards a decent course. These turns will be incremental and hard to see at first but once started easier to notice.
    Our political structure is full of bureaucratic crap that just electing a 3rd party Pres. will not make the changes you all seek. This mess has to be re-built from the ground up. Romney will not be the savior only a tool to start the project. Are the republicans the answer, no. If we give them complete control as the Dems had for so many years will they fix it, no. They might slow the ship down some so a grass roots 3rd party can be established and allowed to flourish. Another 4 yrs. of this crap and we are on a collision course with the shore. The boat as we know it or have known it is sinking my friends.

Hate to say this, but the Titanic has already struck the ice berg. She's taking on water and course changes will only effect where James Camron will send the cameras. Crash her into the coast line and at least most passengers will have a chance to wade ashore.

Sparkygod1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2012
    I'm gonna have to go with Churchmouse on this one. Let's say by act God, Johnson gets in. Then what. Congress will see the light and magically rally to his side...not so much. We have to do this the same way the libs took over the two parties. We have to start with dog catcher, the same way the Tea Party is doing now. We have to form alliances, like the Dems do with all of these people like Code Pink, The Green Party, The New Black Panther Party, The Rainbow Coalition, Agent Orange...JK. Needed another color in there. Anyway..you get my point. This people wouldn't give each other the time of day save for the fact they are united against us. We to must form alliances too and stand together against those who would strip away the gift, left by those who came before us, so we my give it to those that come after us.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hate to say this, but the Titanic has already struck the ice berg. She's taking on water and course changes will only effect where James Camron will send the cameras. Crash her into the coast line and at least most passengers will have a chance to wade ashore.

I see your point and in a sad way you are right. I just hate to give up and let this boat sink. Man the pumps and shoot the captain (pun, not anarchy) and get this thing on course if we can. If not, barricade and refer to the above.

I would like to save it if possible. I am just not in the mood to wade that far...:D

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I see your point and in a sad way you are right. I just hate to give up and let this boat sink. Man the pumps and shoot the captain (pun, not anarchy) and get this thing on course if we can. If not, barricade and refer to the above.

I would like to save it if possible. I am just not in the mood to wade that far...:D

Wade a mile or sink 10? I'd rather take my chances on the breakers than tread water with the sharks. There aren't enough life boats, Rose.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    It is comical to read how Obama will ruin everything, as will Romney albeit at a slightly slower rate, Yet Romney is best for the Country. Then read how what might actually be best for the Country isn't an option because too many people are depending on the two party system to maintain the status quo. Then read how these mind numbed, do nothing, takers will ruin the country. So it makes perfect logic to vote Romney because he has the only chance at having a non-Dem in the WH because We Can't Let The System Fail!

What I really boils down to is this:

If a person votes Romney for any other reason than his/her ideology, they are doing so becuse they are too scared to allow the system to crash. They suffer from normalcy bias and cannot see beyond the short term.

Those that speak of how we can not allow Obama to continue because of "our children and grandchildren" have bought into the thought that its courageous to vote R This time, thinking that Romney will buy the country enough time to keep things as close to what they are now until someone else can came along and turn things around. In fact, courage has little to do with it. It would take courage to allow the the corrupt system to fail and to be there to help re-construct, righting the errors of the last 100 years along the way.

Yes, this is the most important election in our time, at the moment, then will come 2016 and it will be even more important, and so on and so forth, and it will remain this way unless the cycle is broken.

If the ABO's are so concerned about the future of the Nation, how is installing a status quo leader going to make things better?

The pain of letting it crash now will be much less than what will occur later. The longer we push a collapse into the future, the less chance we will have to rebuild.

Believe what you want, spin any way you want. Bottom line the 3rd party route is a non player for president in 2012. As others have said you are not going to start at the top and make changes. You have to work your way up. People are saying vote with your heart and not your head. Isn't that like letting the little head do the thinking for you?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Believe what you want, spin any way you want. Bottom line the 3rd party route is a non player for president in 2012. As others have said you are not going to start at the top and make changes. You have to work your way up. People are saying vote with your heart and not your head. Isn't that like letting the little head do the thinking for you?

Copy this post to your clipboard. Then for every presidential election coming up for eternity, you can paste it and simply change the 2012 date. Because you will never say otherwise.

2012 Third party can't win
    2016 Third party can't win
    2020 Third party can't win
    2024 Third party can't win

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Copy this post to your clipboard. Then for every presidential election coming up for eternity, you can paste it and simply change the 2012 date. Because you will never say otherwise.

2012 Third party can't win
    2016 Third party can't win
    2020 Third party can't win
    2024 Third party can't win

I was wondering why you had not shown up hornadylnl. Thanks for weighing in to the fray. 2016 could be a player if we have a significant number of 3rd party in Congress by then. Lets see if we can make that happen, shall we?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I was wondering why you had not shown up hornadylnl. Thanks for weighing in to the fray. 2016 could be a player if we have a significant number of 3rd party in Congress by then. Lets see if we can make that happen, shall we?

You'll never vote for third party and will neither will most other repubs. There will always be an evil democrat you have to vote against. As long as everyone is waiting for a third party to be the winning team to jump on the bandwagon, they'll never win.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

So when Romney is the incumbent, and he's running against someone like Hillary Clinton, you'll be saying vote Johnson?

LOL. I doubt it.

I've been hearing this argument since Reagan/Carter. Literally. It's ALWAYS the same. It's always NEXT time.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    You'll never vote for third party and will neither will most other repubs. There will always be an evil democrat you have to vote against. As long as everyone is waiting for a third party to be the winning team to jump on the bandwagon, they'll never win.

I vote for the 3rd party candidate quite often. Just not in the presidential election. If the Democrat candidate was not a douche, I would vote Democrat. I'm basing my vote on the candidates that have a chance of wining.

So when Romney is the incumbent, and he's running against someone like Hillary Clinton, you'll be saying vote Johnson?

LOL. I doubt it.

I've been hearing this argument since Reagan/Carter. Literally. It's ALWAYS the same. It's always NEXT time.

Depends on what Congress looks like at that time. I dont just blindly vote 3rd party. Lets work on changing the entire government from the bottom up. I think trying to change it from the top down is dangerous and ineffective.

Top Bottom