• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SolubleSpork

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Granger and Purdue
    Hey fellow INGO'ers, I have a watch that I am trying to identify but need some help. This will be my first time posting pictures so bear with me please. If there is anything you all might be able to tell me about this watch to aid in identifying it or valuing it, it would be much appreciated.

From what I can tell, it is a discontinued Movado quartz watch. I believe the etching in the second picture is:
    88-25-817V23
    Water Resistant
    In any event, here are the pictures of the watch, along with it's case...

imag0696f.jpg

imag0695l.jpg

imag0694t.jpg

imag0693i.jpg

imag0692o.jpg

imag0690u.jpg

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Judging by the lack of engraving on the case back as compared to similar Movado watches I found on Google image search, I'm inclined to say that watch is a replica/fake/knock-off.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Bear in mind, I'm no expert, but there are some amazingly well produced replicas out there. Your best bet would be to send those pictures to movado and ask them to identify it.

joyrider

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    I know that watch.

I had a watch that looked identical to the one you are showing. I never knew if it was genuine or not because I was told that there should be additional markings on the back, but I recieved it from a friend who bought it in Vegas. Long story short, it stopped working and I no longer have it. There was one on ebay that sold for $89.00 from a seller called rjjewlery4 and I didnt see it until after it was over, thats where I saw the same model #.I always liked that watch because its on the small side and it fit me well. are you interested in selling it?

joyrider

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    I know that watch.

I had a watch that looked identical to the one you are showing. I never knew if it was genuine or not because I was told that there should be additional markings on the back, but I recieved it from a friend who bought it in Vegas. Long story short, it stopped working and I no longer have it. There was one on ebay that sold for $89.00 from a seller called rjjewlery4 and I didnt see it until after it was over, thats where I saw the same model #.I always liked that watch because its on the small side and it fit me well. are you interested in selling it?

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    Movado hasn't used a face like that in quite a long time.. I'd send those pictures to Movado, or take the watch to a certified Movado dealer for more information. As far as I have seen and read, they never made a quartz watch. But Movado isn't a brand that I pay close attention to.

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    They've made quartz watches. But to be honest a fake movado isn't any worse than a real one in my book. Looks fake to me, but haven't done extensive research. I've seen fake ones in jewelry store cases, and real ones in pawn shops.... they sold for similar prices, these watches are easy to fake and nobody seems to care either way. With a movado you'r paying for a name and a look not the internal movement or overall quality, so fake or not, rock that thing and don't sweat it.

SolubleSpork

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Granger and Purdue

Yes I was looking to sell it, I just wanted to get more info on what it was so I could research it more. I might try to call up Movado and discuss it with them but if you or anyone else wished to buy it, I would consider an offer.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Movado hasn't used a face like that in quite a long time.. I'd send those pictures to Movado, or take the watch to a certified Movado dealer for more information. As far as I have seen and read, they never made a quartz watch. But Movado isn't a brand that I pay close attention to.

they make a lot of quartz watches

joyrider

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    watch

I am interested in buying it, as I said, mine stopped working and I liked how small it was. Do you have an idea of what you would accept. I could send a money order or pay you through paypal.:cool:

joyrider

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    watch

Hi again. I can tell you that the watch is at least 9-10 years old. I had mine that long. I have been looking on ebay at many similar stainless steel quartz watches by Movado and the markings on the back are in the same location and look to be authentic to me. They are selling from $85.00 (used) up to $150.00 (newer with box) for that size. If you would consider selling it to me, I would love to replace mine. Is it running, or will it need a battery? Look forward to your response so I'll know if I should persue another. Thanks for your consideration.

joyrider

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    watch

Hi again. I can tell you that the watch is at least 9-10 years old. I had mine that long. I have been looking on ebay at many similar stainless steel quartz watches by Movado and the markings on the back are in the same location and look to be authentic to me. They are selling from $85.00 (used) up to $150.00 (newer with box) for that size. If you would consider selling it to me, I would love to replace mine. Is it running, or will it need a battery? Look forward to your response so I'll know if I should persue another. Thanks for your consideration.

Any thoughts yet on selling the watch? Were you able to get information on it?

Top Bottom