• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Are you talking about W or HW? I'd say it fits HW better than W. Lest you forget, W's criticisms, generally, were all of his own making. HW, now he was raked against the coals.

I believe he's referring to the latter, and his single term presidency.

I miss those days of a boring president. :(

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Fix Fail

If you want boring, you have to let Trump do all the heavy lifting - then Pence can play GHWB to Trump's Reagan

"lifting"

That's a novel definition you've got, Bug.

EDIT: I do see he's doing some heavy lifting of the deficit.

Have a good weekend Bug!

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Big media hammered GHWB on a lot of simple things, referring to him as silly, sea sick, and crucified him for carrying a leather satchel that they constantly called a purse. Hard things to say about a war time president, although considering the titanic changes in the world during his time in office he performed reasonably well on foreign affairs. He always seemed to be one of those people who was more comfortable as an actor on the world stage than a representative of the American people, and that lack of domestic empathy brought him down.

wethepeople

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Shelby County
    Regardless where he grew up, his policies (and I believe his personal ideology) is FAR more centrist than the current slate of Dem presidential candidates.

There is a wide gulf between left-leaning and leftist.

I used to feel the same way about him. When he was Governor I thought he did a better than average job. After he was elected to the Senate is when I believe he began to change. He backed bills that were bad for our country, our state, and if he had stayed longer he would have hurt the 2nd amendment.

He's Beto without the diarrhea mouth, and actually has a brain. Besides, I can't get over him standing in downtown Indy with Hussein obama telling us he is who we needed to elect.

Top Bottom