• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LPPOsecurity

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    NWI
    Ok, I'm looking for a camelback hydration pack or something similar, I wanna hear some feedback on different types and brands and where is a good place online to pick one up for a decent price

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    It really depends on what you intend to be doing while wearing it (fighting Haji's? hiking? bicycling? etc).

There are literally so many different types of water packs that it is hard to suggest any one particular type, model or brand without knowing more details.

Also are you looking for a backpack w/a bladder built into it? or a bladder insert for an existing backpack? or a bladder in a papoose? slung or attached via MOLLE? a fanny pack w/bladder? etc.

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    I have one of those Camelback Mules (I think that's what they're called). It has room for a 3 liter bladder and enough room for some minor things inside the main pouch. It also has a couple of other storage spaces for rain gear, etc. I use this on the range and have been very happy with it. No problems and fits fairly nice.

I left some water in the Camelback bladder for a while to see how it tasted/smelled after setting for a while. It was starting to get skunky!:n00b:

One bladder I have seen I like better is from Source. They are an Israeli company. Their bladders have a completely open top that is wide enough to get your hand into for cleaning + the inside of their bladders is very slick. Almost like glass so it should be easier to clean. This is next on the list of things to get.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    I have a Mule as well. It is extreemly versitile and has a large bladder in it. Lots of room to tote things around, w/pockets and what not to keep things organized in the main pouch. I like that the tube is insulated as well, helps in extreme heat and cold. I wear it snow boarding and it keeps the line from freezing up.

CamelBak® - M.U.L.E.™

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Well for cycling a lot of guys like the weight of the bladder to sit on their lower back, instead of their upper back which is more preferable for hiking.

So if you are going to be doing more bicycling than hiking, then the Camel Bak Octane LR would probably be a better choice, if you are going to be using it more for hiking than for bicycling, then the MULE would be a better choice IMHO.

irishhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Mooresville
    camel back

Get a mouth big enough to put ice cubes into , in case you use for other than water ..

Camel backs are great for concerts downtown

Last edited:
    Top Bottom