• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Use soft water, and reduce the amount of soap used.
    The spotting is most likely calcium and shows up horribly on black paint.
    Also, try a good natural chamois to wick the water off before it dries.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    When I've had that happen before I would up just giving it a quick wax job. I started using the old Mr Clean system and it eliminates all water spotting. One product I have bought that really does live up to its advertising. Getting hard to find refills tho.

Landon500

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Anderson, In
    When I've had that happen before I would up just giving it a quick wax job. I started using the old Mr Clean system and it eliminates all water spotting. One product I have bought that really does live up to its advertising. Getting hard to find refills tho.

Thanks for reply, this has been quite a job and still can't get rid of them. Where can I get old mr clean? I'm also going to use the other suggestion on another reply using soft water. This will require running a soft water spout outside. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    If the water spots are in the clearcoat, I would suggest getting a clay bar from Mother's. and then waxing after you finish the process. If that doesn't work, I would suggest buffing the car with 3M's finesse-it and a polishing pad, then waxing after you've buffed it.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Like others have said, if the spots are already there you're gonna have to wax or polish to get them off.

Back in the days when I cared about washing my own vehicles, I used liquid dishwasher soap. Most of that stuff is designed to prevent spotting. :twocents:

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    soft water, mr clean +1 (worked great on my 04 Grand Am GT that was black), clay bar, and drying as soon as you are done... also if you havent finished washing the truck and its starting to dry, mist the area with the hose....

ive read several articles that say not to use dish soap as it can eat the the wax right off exposing the clear coat to the elements.
    unless you wax after using dish soap i wouldn't recommend it.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Brandon is right about the dish soap removing the wax. Whenever I hand washed a vehicle, I always assumed I was removing the wax anyway. I also never used the powdered stuff because if it doesn't fully dissolve it will scratch. It did however seem to do a good job preventing water spots.

This was also a long time ago. I'm sure there are products on the market specifically designed for this purpose.

adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    If the water spots are in the clearcoat, I would suggest getting a clay bar from Mother's. and then waxing after you finish the process. If that doesn't work, I would suggest buffing the car with 3M's finesse-it and a polishing pad, then waxing after you've buffed it.

This, a clay bar treatment does wonders. I definitely recommend it, and you'll be amazed at how much better the truck looks after you finish waxing.

Top Bottom