• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wbower

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    Martinsville
    I just bought a 14' smokercraft jon boat last night. It is in pretty rough shape but going to use it for duck hunting and the price was right. Has anyone out there have any ideas on a homemade boat blind or what material to use for the frame? I am planning on using camo burlap brushed in for the cover but not sure about the frame.

ryanbr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Logansport
    Electrical conduit, easy to bend and lightweight. Have seen some homade from rebar too but those cant get heavy by time your done.

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    3/4" EMT

Use 3/4" EMT. You can joint two pieces of 3/4" by taking a 12" piece of 1/2" and hammer it until it is oval and fits tight into the 3/4". A few rivets will keep the joint together. Used this on my 16' boat.

wbower

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    Martinsville
    thanks for the ideas. I'm thinking about conduit as well. Got any ideas on how I could hinge it about 2' up from the boat to conceal the top?

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    Rigid or collapsable blind

I have done this by having rigid sides that stop at a height that I can shoot over while seated and the having a long C shaped rod of conduit hihged on each side that can be partially or fully closed.

wbower

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    Martinsville
    Chance - Is there anyway you can send/post pictures of this idea? I'm thinking about running conduit along the length of the boat with 2 "Tees" on each side and running an upright from those. and then another Tee at the top. Just worried about folding it down during transport.

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    Blind pictures

I will see what I can do about some pictures. Mine comes apart in two halves for storage and is covered by 1000D Cordura camo. PM me an e-mail address.

Top Bottom