• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    You need to redo your numbers. I for one will not give my ID to any one that ask for it. I will do with out the service first.
    This is still a semi free country. I still get to make those type of decisions. Some I have to but most I don't.

As far as the bump stock ban I saw that coming the day the ATF made the statement it was ok. When you play with minor technicality's some will come back and bite you.
    Any one that wants class 3 things knows the proper way to acquire them and should not complain when they try an end round game that comes back on them.
    Mark my words the Sig Brace SBR will end up the same way.

Mmm Yeah tread on us gov

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    I wanted to join HHRP but I just can't make it to a Thursday night orientation. Maybe sometime in the future.

What would work for you? Use the contact link on the website and let us know you want to join but have other commitments on Thursdays. I'm the VP, FWIW.

Gee. I wonder how large of a factor pissing off people with the scanning thing was in the closure? Not being as smart alecky as that first sentence sounds, and I know the mysterious family emergency probably played a pretty large part, but just wondering.

I doubt much of their actual business profit was from sale of goods. They started out as and were primarily a training gig. The guns were all on consignment and selection of other wares was, shall we say, unsatisfying. The ID thing was for casual prerusal of the merchandise after they had a smash-and-grab and (I imagine) the camera footage wasn't nearly as useful as the AV company advertised. It's also possible it was a measure insisted upon by their insurance. Not defending it, just trying to stay objective-ish.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    You need to redo your numbers. I for one will not give my ID to any one that ask for it. I will do with out the service first.
    This is still a semi free country. I still get to make those type of decisions. Some I have to but most I don't.

As far as the bump stock ban I saw that coming the day the ATF made the statement it was ok. When you play with minor technicality's some will come back and bite you.
    Any one that wants class 3 things knows the proper way to acquire them and should not complain when they try an end round game that comes back on them.
    Mark my words the Sig Brace SBR will end up the same way.
    That only works at the “hotels” that rent by the hour. But I guess if you stay boarded up in your shelter and never have to leave town overnight, you could get by with the no id no service thing?:rolleyes:

JHB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    That only works at the “hotels” that rent by the hour. But I guess if you stay boarded up in your shelter and never have to leave town overnight, you could get by with the no id no service thing?:rolleyes:

I am totally content staying at home. No interest in traveling any more I have driven all over this country numerous times and have no desire to go any ware now. I still remember riding through Texas and New Mexico on R66 when they were building I40. It was interesting to watch them move intact houses to new foundations because the were in the way of the new interstate.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I am totally content staying at home. No interest in traveling any more I have driven all over this country numerous times and have no desire to go any ware now. I still remember riding through Texas and New Mexico on R66 when they were building I40. It was interesting to watch them move intact houses to new foundations because the were in the way of the new interstate.
    So, in reality, you’re like the Mouse, and can’t get to far away from the home, or they send out the orderlies!?;)

PREPPEDVET

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2018
    INDIANA
    As someone who knows the family very very well, a Family emergency is the best and most private way to describe it. That's what ultimately closed it. For privacy, (and legal reasons), I will not elaborate any further except to say it is a very bad and sad situation for all involved.

However, they weren't doing too hot sales wise and had to back off their opening of a mile long range, for which was opposed by several neighboring property owners including the county sheriff. The thefts, the ID thing etc all combined to weaken the business but not enough to close it down. the back lash portrayed above about the ID thing had little impact outside of the internet. When I was there, I never saw anyone turn around and leave over it.

As I stated above, it was this unfortunate emergency type event that shut it down and shut it down fast. Prayers to all involved.

Top Bottom