• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    Gosh, you guys are full of sunshine today.

Sometime in the next 4 weeks, i will launch a new customer contract, and will allow me to hire 4 more welders, and quite possibly give a yearly bonus with 4 figures on the check. Within 5 years, I can quite my day job and take my business full time.

Yes, there will continue to be people who have no training, skills, or work ethic to get a job or improve themselves. More people who spent above thier means will loss houses, property, move back with the parents for a half decade or so.

Are ther any positive articles on the Economic Collapse Blog? I think not.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Gosh, you guys are full of sunshine today.

Sometime in the next 4 weeks, i will launch a new customer contract, and will allow me to hire 4 more welders, and quite possibly give a yearly bonus with 4 figures on the check. Within 5 years, I can quite my day job and take my business full time.

Yes, there will continue to be people who have no training, skills, or work ethic to get a job or improve themselves. More people who spent above thier means will loss houses, property, move back with the parents for a half decade or so.

Are ther any positive articles on the Economic Collapse Blog? I think not.

Out of rep, but you will have it come soon.

I get VERY sick and tired of folks HOPING (or else why would they continue to spew "insert latest and most radical blog here" stuff on the site) for the economy to fail. YES, the economy is really hurt right now. It's girlfriend of 5 years has dumped it and it's crying right now. Booo Hooo. But things are not going to get better if folks don't get their arses in gear instead of blaming the government, or blaming Obama, or blaming the banks. Adapt, overcome and WIN fabulous prizes, like a JOB or LIVING WAGE.

Want to impress those around you? Talk about something useful to them, such as getting a job, work skills, work ethic, instead of pouting because you didn't get the 20 an hour job that you really wanted (might have to settle for the 18 an hour one). Another thing is folks posting everywhere they need a job, but do NO search to find one, expect someone to hand them one for their overbloated skills and for unrealistic pay. Hey, I have NO experience but I have a management degree, give me twice what I am worth 'cause I am a vet and I don't have stable work history. Please, what a joke. I have a friend that thinks this exact thing. I have had a stable job, nix that, career for a while now, he is selling everything he has 'cause his unemployment ran out, but don't worry, his spirit of stupidity lives on: He still curses the government for not extending unemployment when he was offered 4 jobs in a row.

Everyone seems to want something for nothing. Want to help the economy? Help those around you with hand ups, like 6birds here. Doldrum sheep bleating of the latest economic "news" that everyone spews, dark attitude all the time, that apparently is the NEW American outlook, not optimism, hard work and bleeding fingers from doing an honest day's work of our Father's and Grandfather's generation. We want to point fingers or find faults in things that have not happened yet, but don't worry, things aren't going to get better.

Lighten up Francis (saying that towards myself :D ).

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I cannot get over how shortsighted the naysayers are. People have been predicting the end since the beginning. There is a freaking ebb and flow, and times do change. Things get worse. Things also improve. There are many facets to the story. If I were to take all of this stuff to heart, every time it's published, I'd dig a grave and shoot myself.

Think back- our parents could have done the same thing during hard times. Early eighties. Fuel shortages. Cold War. the Great Depression... etc etc. The good people did not give up. Know what they did? They kept on keeping on. And that's what I'm going to do.

Wake up and look at the whole story for once, people. You know how many of us there are? Good solid people with something to live for, who don't ask for anything, and who won't stop working their asses off for the benefit of themselves and those around them? TONS. TONS of US. Here in INDIANA, land of the free, we're surrounded by these good folks. :twocents:

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    I think it is important to keep working, pay down debt as much as possible and save some also. The times of going out and buying and everything being disposable needs to be over. You mght actually have to sew those holes in your socks, put patches on your jeans and wear "hand me downs." So what?
    Its time we "pay" for all of the borrowing we have done. the market needs to make its correction and get it over with! If our government continues to delay, it will only get much worse.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Buy land. You need 2 acres to subsistence farm. Also make sure you leave enough room for the Alligator moat.

Actually, unless you're trying to feed the Waltons--and even then, depending on where you put your caloric sources--you can get by with less. It's not how much you have, it's how you use it.

I think it is important to keep working, pay down debt as much as possible and save some also. The times of going out and buying and everything being disposable needs to be over. You mght actually have to sew those holes in your socks, put patches on your jeans and wear "hand me downs." So what?
    Its time we "pay" for all of the borrowing we have done. the market needs to make its correction and get it over with! If our government continues to delay, it will only get much worse.

I wouldn't necessary try to pay down the debt any more than you have to at this point, unless there's a stronger motivating factor above "I'm debt free." I'd wanna pay off the debt on my home and maybe a car if I was foolish enough to have a car payment, but otherwise, my dollars are actually worth something now. I'm going to use them to buy things that help ME. When they're worth less (worthless?), I'll be more than happy to hand them over to my creditors.

YMMV.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Wake up and look at the whole story for once, people. You know how many of us there are? Good solid people with something to live for, who don't ask for anything, and who won't stop working their asses off for the benefit of themselves and those around them? TONS. TONS of US. Here in INDIANA, land of the free, we're surrounded by these good folks. :twocents:

They just haven't met John Galt yet.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The two keys to surviving a disaster are (1) Keeping a positive mental attitude, and (2) adequate preparation. Don't short-change the importance of either. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

And open a history book and figure out what happens to countries that follow this course.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    You know how many of us there are? Good solid people with something to live for, who don't ask for anything, and who won't stop working their asses off for the benefit of themselves and those around them? TONS. TONS of US. Here in INDIANA, land of the free, we're surrounded by these good folks. :twocents:

Many of them have, if I catch your meaning

I highlighted and underlined the pertinent parts of your first post. If they've met John Galt, they wouldn't much be concerned for working their asses off for those around them.

Top Bottom