• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    According the The NHTSA we could save 37 people per day just by eliminating drunk driving deaths. This seems so easy to do if our elected officials would just ban alcohol. I’m sure it would work. (Not enough purple for the sarcasm here!). Why is this not all over the news and a major campaign platform issue?

Our elected idiots continue to ignore the history of failed bans to regulate human behavior. Looks like another ban attempt on semi-autos was stopped yesterday by Senate Republicans.

INP8riot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    West Central
    Also speeding. That kills a lot too. They should set a legal speed. If anyone asks why you would need a firearm that holds so many rounds, I always ask how fast their car can go. Noone needs a car that goes faster than 70mph. Why are we allowed to drive such death unregulated machines. I always get a decent reaction to that!

Last edited:

Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    Maybe just making harsher penalties for people breaking existing laws? :dunno:
    This always seems like the logical answer to me. There has to be a tipping point where criminals decide its just not worth it, but lawmakers seem unwilling to seek out that point. If every violent felony conviction carried a minimum 25 yrs to life with no parole and a possibility of getting the chair (depending on circumstances) maybe we'd see crime rates start to drop.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Multiple DUI's shouldn't be possible, unless they're decades apart as you're released from prison. After the second you get help or you go to jail longer. This stuff is just stupid. A slap on the wrist every time obviously doesn't work. Same with other crimes. I don't care if the criminals grew up poor, didn't have Daddies or whatever other excuse the Left keeps bringing up.

jcj54

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    NE
    Senator Kennedy of Louisiana asked a doctor testifying at a hearing about "gun violence as a public health crisis" and asked if she agreed that since heart disease kills far more than guns do would she support banning fried foods.
    She had no response.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Multiple DUI's shouldn't be possible, unless they're decades apart as you're released from prison. After the second you get help or you go to jail longer. This stuff is just stupid. A slap on the wrist every time obviously doesn't work. Same with other crimes. I don't care if the criminals grew up poor, didn't have Daddies or whatever other excuse the Left keeps bringing up.
    Are you aware that white folks get more DUI's than the poor daddy less population?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The other thing they could do is ban cars....which I think some people here think the gvt. is trying to do.....

Anyhoo....

Top Bottom