• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brown

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I am here hat in hand asking for help. My wife Marty (that is her over there to the left) is dealing with Stage 3C ovarian cancer and after the last couple of years we need help.

Marty vs Stage 3C Ovarian Cancer!! by Marty Brown - GoFundMe
    photo over there from my buddy Techres during her hair cutting party.
    Her story
    Born and raised in Napa, CA we met in ’89 and Married in ’91. My job transferred us here to Indiana in 1995. She is a 48 year old mother of 2, one son and a daughter. She works in Brownsburg as a Food Tech (Lunch Lady), active member of her church and neighborhood. In 2010 we both signed up and volunteered (Instructors) for Project Appleseed and both were quite active. Up until Sep 2013 that is.

She found a lump in her abdomen, had an ultrasound done, and surgery within a week. A 20cm tumor was removed. That was a consultation with the surgeon after the operation that I will NEVER forget. I am so very thankful a couple of family friends from Church showed up in support. Ovarian cancer is named the silent killer because so many symptoms are what someone may experience each day of their lives and not know something is wrong. So after one month of recovery from surgery into Chemo she went.

Three months of Chemo. All the typical side effects of extreme fatigue, nausea,headaches,and her fingers and hands going numb from nerve damage. She used to have long flaming red curly hair. Type you could pick out in a massive crowd in an instant. Gone.

After 3 months of Chemo Oncologist declared her clear and released into remission. Lasted an entire 10 months. Came roaring back and into Chemo we go again. Since they are trying to use the same “delicate” drugs the second time around she developed an allergic reaction to one of them. Entire body skin rash each and every infusion. Had to give her so much benedryl each time I can’t see how she ever walked out of that hospital. Nurses got to point of fighting with Oncologist to NOT continue infusions.

So after another 3 months in Chemo they shrink the tumors and put her back into remission. Real issue this time is that there are now 10+ tumors ranging from 4mm to 9mm in size and they have spread to her lung and chest. It is going to come back again. Just a matter of time.
    While undergoing the second round of chemo we start looking at any alternative. The next possible round of chemo the drugs they will have to use have HORRIBLE side effects that are permanent. We find High volume Vitamin C has been used to either keep people in remission longer or in some cases it keeps patients in remission for years. Even shrinking the cancer tumors.

High volume Vit C of 50,000cc liquid infusion or more turns into hydrogen peroxide in the body and that is what eats away at the tumor. There are a number of wellness centers that have done this for years and even the University of Kansas has a center dedicated to Vitamin C.

Will this work for her? Honestly don’t know. From everything I have researched there is better than a 50/50 chance it may shrink those final tumors and she is good to go.The one thing that is certain is the cancer is going to come back and more chemo needed if nothing else is tried. There is a nurse practitioner here in Brownsburg that does Vitamin C infusions and has other patients that have been in remission for years using Vitamin C. Breast, Ovarian, prostate cancer. Working well for a number of them.

Problem is our health insurance does not cover Vitamin C since it is not GOVT FDA approved. Ouch. So the cost is right now 300 dollars per week. Potential it may have to go to 600 dollars per week. For a year to follow the recommended protocol.

Now I am of the conservative nature and we had some savings set back for a rainy day. But each time she went into chemo was LOTS of lost pay at work and 3 to 4 months of health care premium we had to pay . So Long term savings is pretty much gone.

If you have read to this point thank you. Along with asking for financial help in this Marty is also hoping to spread the word on the alternative of Vitamin C infusions for other cancer patients with this gofundme campaign. So please share that link on your facebook page also. Maybe it will help someone else along the way.

Last edited:

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I'm going to PM you my email address and phone number in a moment...I'd like to speak with you regarding some of the drugs and I hope I can help get you some information...

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    My wife is big into the Young Living essential oils. This company does something like this in Equador. It costs a lot more and they won't take patients who have already gone through chemo. I know this doesn't help your cause but my wife wanted me to share this info. Here is one link that talks about it but you can find a lot if you do a google search. We wish you and your wife well wishes and will pray for you.

Lee's battle with breast cancer |

Brown

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Thank you all for the donations thus far and the prayers. Can ALWAYS use more prayers. Greene78 while you may think that does not help the cause any and all info and suggestions are appreciated. Even if it is not a "cure" item anything that makes life more comfortable for her is greatly appreciated.

Top Bottom