We have a proud, new gun owner in my family.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Guns and Margarita's...sounds like a good time! Congrats to the birthday girl for both the birthday and a great present. May you both enjoy it and the time together for years to come.

219Dave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2014
    NWI
    I need to get my wife into guns, if for no other reason than being okay with my making new gun purchases. And holsters, etc.

Minifire

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2017
    USA
    Congratulations! In our family, I still remain the only one gun owner and gun lover... But probably I will repeat your trick: to buy her something suitable for her birthday or Valentine's day. If we will not have a new gun owner, we will have fun anyway :D

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Belated congratulations on getting a new shooter in the family. Your wife's grin says it all :D

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Headed out to the range today so she could try it out. I had her shoot while I adjusted the scope.

I did go over how everything worked and how to load the magazine. She a pure noobie when it comes to guns. She learns fast. The safety rules were also gone over, like finger off the trigger until sights are on the target etc. She remembered them like a pro.

Her first shot was on the target @ 25 yrds. We made the adjustments and she was off.

This was her first 10 shots @ 50 yards. Not to shabby.

Kl3b7Qo.jpg

She looks like a pro!
    nvCMCtv.jpg

She said she didn't feel quite right holding the rifle on the rest. I showed her how to use her left hand under the stock and she did like that a bit more.

She was exctied she did good. My only worry is if she gets mad at me, I know she can hit me now.....

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I love it. Good on you mate. Don't wait to long to introduce her to reactive targets. Steel, balloons, crackers. She will dig blasting stuff. With her rifle.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I love it. Good on you mate. Don't wait to long to introduce her to reactive targets. Steel, balloons, crackers. She will dig blasting stuff. With her rifle.

We had pleanty of steel out there. She enjoyed making them move. The lighting make it kinda hard to see but she hits it.

[video=youtube_share;Q8LmV-pRmo8]http://youtu.be/Q8LmV-pRmo8[/video]

Last edited:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    So we stopped by our LGS today and had her try out some other rifles. She liked the Ruger Rimfire quite a bit. Then I made a mistake. I had her try a CZ 455. She really liked it. The trainer model has a little bit lighter stock and she REALLY, REALLY liked the trigger. Then I asked her if she might like a semi-auto instead of a bolt action. Her response was "Why can't I have both?" :facepalm:

I knew this wasn't going to be cheap but my lady has really been paying attention when I talk about guns for the past 16 years. I think she's a keeper!

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Yup. I think you got a keeper :D And the good news is that buying Christmas/anniversary/birthday presents just got a lot easier

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Ok, you got me there :D If you don't me asking which range were you and your lady shooting at?

Top Bottom