• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melduagun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2009
    Gm ford and chrysler are not foreign owned> you need to find the facts before speaking because someone is listening!

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    "3 years ago I got to see the manufacturing cost of a Cadillac DeVille. Fully loaded, with most options, it cost $12,000 to GM to build. The cost of the car from the dealer was $42K+. MSRP was around $48K."

BS- the drivetrain was more than $6K, the seats, fully trimmed and ready to install from Lear was amost $4K, the electronics was another $4K. I don't have the costs on frame and sheetmetal. You've been getting facts from the internet again, you should know better.

"Wrong. Mark up. If that car made here by a foriegn company costs $5K for them to make, but sells for $20K, "
    BS- See above

If we encourage manufacturing HERE our American Companies will come back HERE. But Washington doesn't think about that."

Encouraging manufacturing has nothing to do with Washington.

It works for Honda/Toyota/Hyundai/BMW/MB, because with tax incentives, you've lowered the cost of starting a business, and operating that business, for 7-12 years, depending on the incentives. But that assumes when you start the new plant, you can make a buck!

You have to make money on the product, and the little 3 haven't done that for 8-10 years on many divisions. Toyota has made money everywhere for 45 years.

To sell you must have:
    A -Product the customer wants/needs
    B - Product they will pay for

The OP inferred I should spend my money the way he wants, disregarding my wants/needs, and assuming I don't care what the true cost is.

I disagree with that.

melduagun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2009
    foreign cars aren't better than ford, chrysler, gm,. Gm has the most fuel efficent car made. better than all foreign or domestic. How many foreign cars do you see from the fifties or earlier still running????? a staff sgt. once told a recruit to bend over and put his head between his legs. so the recruit did as he was told. At this point the staff sgt. told the recruit, now pull your head out of your a-- and use it for something more more than a butt plug. I would put any of the big three autos up against any foreign auto your pea brains can come up with and will best any of them. I am american I am the best , I do the best , I build the best, I make the best, I live the best , I have the best, I fought the best, and no one beats the best! and thats what we """"""ARE""" THE BEST.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    "3 years ago I got to see the manufacturing cost of a Cadillac DeVille. Fully loaded, with most options, it cost $12,000 to GM to build. The cost of the car from the dealer was $42K+. MSRP was around $48K."

BS- the drivetrain was more than $6K, the seats, fully trimmed and ready to install from Lear was amost $4K, the electronics was another $4K. I don't have the costs on frame and sheetmetal. You've been getting facts from the internet again, you should know better.

The part at YOUR cost is probably 6K. But not to the corporation that buys them in bulk and gets a hefty discount for doing so. Same with every other piece of that car. Your parts cost is NOT their parts cost.

Read that again.

I got my facts straight from the horses mouth. 30 year veteran from GM who's hauled Caddilacs all his career would know what he's talking about. Especially when he hands you the paperwork FROM GM that says so.

Internet? That's funny.

melduagun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2009
    you never saw the cost of manufacturing a cadillac. If you did you didn't understand what you were looking at!Why do you people come up with such nonsense. when you know it iwsn't true. This is what brought on the myth that anything frfom another country is better than anything the usa has to offer . There is nothing that is made in the usa that is inferior to any foreign product. I am american try me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    If we encourage manufacturing HERE our American Companies will come back HERE. But Washington doesn't think about that."

Encouraging manufacturing has nothing to do with Washington.

Has everything to do with it right along with each individual state. Taxes. It's driven every major corporation from every major industry OUT of the USA. Why do business where you have to pay 30% taxes and 150% higher wages, when you could do it for 10 times less in another Country?

Government has EVERYTHING to do with why our manufacturing base has disappeared.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    you never saw the cost of manufacturing a cadillac. If you did you didn't understand what you were looking at!Why do you people come up with such nonsense. when you know it iwsn't true. This is what brought on the myth that anything frfom another country is better than anything the usa has to offer . There is nothing that is made in the usa that is inferior to any foreign product. I am american try me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LoL Never said anything made in America is inferior. May cost more, but not inferior.

And yes. I've seen just how much it costs to make a lot of these cars. Or I did 4 years ago before my Uncle retired. Long before the economy collapsed. I can't imagine what they cost to make today.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    The little 3 paid the wages because they signed a union contract that they didn't have the profits to support, not because of Washington. Bad business decision.

If your bothers Uncles Aunt that lived with her sister said the 2005 DeVille costs $12K, they are ignorant to the true cost, and you're not far above him for believing it or repeating it.

It does not change the point of his little rant.

The OP inferred I should spend my money the way he wants, disregarding my wants/needs, and assuming I don't care what the true cost is.

I disagree with that.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    WE CAN ALL THANK OUR LUCKY STARS THAT IN THE WORLD WARS WE FOUGHT (2) OUR COUNTRY STOOD TOGETHER OF ONE MIND AND ONE PURPOSE "TO PRESERVE OUR COUNTRY" AND OUR WAY OF LIFE. THE MOST PROSPEROUS,STRONGEST, COUNTRY IN THE WORLD THAT NO ONE COULD STAND AGAINST NO ONE COULD DESTROY IS BEING DESTROYED FROM WITHIN. THIS WAS FORETOLD IN THE EARLY 1960S BY "NIKITA KRUSCHEV".YOU SPEAK OF PROTECTIONISM LIKE IT WAS A DIRTY WORD, IF WE DONT PROTECT OUR OWN THEN WE DESERVE TO LOSE OUR OWN. AND WE WILL!

...and the demise of GM was foretold by a 20yr old (me) 20 yrs ago. They refused to make the common sense business decisions that would have kept them afloat. If anything, GM has made our country weaker.

This has all been covered in other similarly futile threads. Coercing folks into buying a product with enticements other than quality and value is ridiculous.

melduagun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2009
    ye ain't the brightest star in the galax now! are ye?.; when you ask "and you will at some point" why do I have to pay more taxes when I don't have the income? why is the govt. foreclosing on my elderly parents, why all these bail outs and where do we get the money to finance them. The money came from china as a loan.why'd we need a loan? we ain't got no MONEY its all in other countries. A trickle here and a trickle there. There is more to terrorism than bombs and bullets.

melduagun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2009
    your end of story is ignorant of the facts! I will take any of the big three and match them against any piece of foreign metal you can come up with and best you in all categories. Gm has the most reliable and fuel efficient car you can buy in the usa bar none. Where do you work?, china, japan,thailand, vietnam, brazil, mexico,canada,this is where our jobs have gone because you believe foreign products are better. When will it be your turn? Back all america and hope our dependence on foreign products will not destroy our industrial base.

photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    How about: I won't support a move by our government I believe to be unconstitutional, and therefore illegal, by supporting an industry partially ( & illegally) owned by the US Government.

Don't care if it's my tax money. It's an illegal use of the funds, my one vote can't change that situation. But, I will not support it - either with my purchase, nor at the ballot box next year.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    budweiser ain't american no mo.just thought i'd let ya know!

I occasionally sip Macallan from Scotland. Doesn't that just **** you off.

Your OP inferred I should spend my money the way you want, disregarding my wants/needs, and assuming I don't care what the true cost is.

I still disagree with that.

melduagun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2009
    Hey: Ain't none you guy's fault we're headed to the trash heap. The blame lies with our pollyticians and we all will go where they lead, right? don't like it but it is what it is ,right?

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    your end of story is ignorant of the facts!

Really!?

I will take any of the big three and match them against any piece of foreign metal you can come up with and best you in all categories. Gm has the most reliable and fuel efficient car you can buy in the usa bar none.

Really, huh I can think of several European cars of the top of my head that can not be touched by any of the products from the big 3's line up. Let alone GM having anything that is the MOST Reliable and Fuel Efficeint At the same time... ;)

Where do you work?, china, japan,thailand, vietnam, brazil, mexico,canada,this is where our jobs have gone because you believe foreign products are better.

Why yes as a matter of fact you have paid me to work in several of the counties that you mentioned, and many, many more that you have not mentioned.

This countries jobs leaving has a lot more to do with Taxes, Bribes, and Profits than where what we buy is made. And yes a LOT of foriegn made products are better than Some American made products.

When will it be your turn? Back all america and hope our dependence on foreign products will not destroy our industrial base.

You really need to crawl out of the little pond you are staying in and see the ocean...

There are only two things that makes the World go around Money and Blood. :twocents:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I get the whole "Buy American" thing, really, I do. Here's the thing, though:
    Show me some. To be more specific, show me a company that uses 100% American parts made of 100% American materials to assemble something by 100% American workers and that includes 100% American technology, for which the proceeds stay 100% in America. It does not exist, I don't think, but I'm willing to be proven wrong. As I see it, given that 100% American doesn't exist, I'm going to look for something that costs me as little to buy as is possible AND will cost me as little to run and maintain as is possible. I like that better than the situation the last time I bought a car... I just needed something with wheels and a motor that ran and would get me from one place to another, and I needed it fast. This time, I get to be a little choosy, God willing.
    Now.. if someone can show me where the auto market is not part of the global economy but solely an American product and the benefit from my purchase will remain solely in America... I'll take a look and I may buy... but I earned the money that will pay for it, so I reserve the right to buy something else if it fits my needs better.

Anyone?

Blessings,
    Bill

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    foreign cars aren't better than ford, chrysler, gm,. Gm has the most fuel efficent car made. better than all foreign or domestic. How many foreign cars do you see from the fifties or earlier still running????? a staff sgt. once told a recruit to bend over and put his head between his legs. so the recruit did as he was told. At this point the staff sgt. told the recruit, now pull your head out of your a-- and use it for something more more than a butt plug. I would put any of the big three autos up against any foreign auto your pea brains can come up with and will best any of them. I am american I am the best , I do the best , I build the best, I make the best, I live the best , I have the best, I fought the best, and no one beats the best! and thats what we """"""ARE""" THE BEST.

troll-01.jpg

Top Bottom