• ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I thought every town HAD a gun range?

Danville has one, Avon has one, Speedway (MCFG) has one, Indy has several, etc... Central Indiana is doing pretty well.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    gungolf--like: tee up and "pull!"? Could get challenging if there's a novice behind the golf club, slicing hard left and right

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    i'd like to see one in the fishers, noblesville area. Its either Tims in westfield or Beech grove for me. The drive sucks. And the closest free outdoor range is wilbur wright. ridiculous.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Maybe we can get government to eminent domain more land in every county and levy taxes on every individual to pay for more ranges. After all, it's for the public good.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Maybe we can get government to eminent domain more land in every county and levy taxes on every individual to pay for more ranges. After all, it's for the public good.

Thanks for showing up with that usual anti government jib. By the way, anyone but Hillary in 2016.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    We do need more gun ranges. Long range gun ranges. If every golf course went from 18 holes to 16 and then turned the two longest holes on the course into rifle ranges, I'd start golfing again. Imagine how much fun it would be to pull out your favorite long gun instead of driver on two of the holes. In fact, they should make the two shortest pistol range holes so you golf, take a long range shot, golf some more, do a couple of pistol strings, golf, shoot, golf, shoot.

The only thing is, we'd have to eliminate beer on the back nine.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Actually, you do have a point 88E30M50. There are a ton of places to shoot pistol and 100 yard or less rifle, but there really aren't many ranges where you can go to 300 yards or more for long range rifle. I feel short ranges are a waste of powder for cartridges like the .30-06. Like driving a sports car at 20mph.

ziggy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Fort Wayne area
    Indoor ranges are very expensive to build (thanks in part to govt regulations) and a risky investment if shooting loses popularity. Outdoor ranges are also expensive to build. Since there are state owned ranges, club ranges, etc. that are not always full, maybe we have enough ranges now. Someone who shoots more than I do can probably answer that better than I can. When most of the ranges we have now are full most of the time, more will be built, I would bet.

Top Bottom