• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    "For example, given the premise, 'all fish live underwater' and 'all mackerel are fish', my wife will conclude, not that 'all mackerel live underwater', but that 'if she buys kippers it will not rain', or that 'trout live in trees', or even that 'I do not love her any more.' This she calls 'using her intuition'. I call it 'crap', and it gets me very irritated because it is not logical." - The Logician, Monty Python

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Just goes to show that there is no barrier for women in this world. You can get a degree and still be completely uneducated. Bar tender one day, congresswoman the next. It really is an amazing country.

Well....for attractive women anyway.

Ugly women are S.O.L.

Flash-hider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012
    How did she pay for her campaign?

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/08/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-cant-afford-to-rent-an-apartment-in-dc.html

One year ago, you could find Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez working behind the bar at Flats Fix, a small taqueria near Union Square. Come January, you will find her in Washington D.C., representing New York's 14th District as the youngest woman ever elected to Congress.
    But just because she is making history, doesn't mean she is making money. Ocasio-Cortez recently revealed that she is currently unable to rent a D.C. apartment.
    Her transition period will be "very unusual, because I can't really take a salary," she said in an interview with The New York Times. "I have three months without a salary before I'm a member of Congress. So, how do I get an apartment? Those little things are very real."

According to real-estate website Zillow, the median rent in Washington, D.C., is $2,700.

For the short term, a cardboard box over a heating grate is an option.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I like her.:dunno:

The same way I like gun control advocates who call for the repeal of the 2A.

Be honest about what you want, your goals, and ideas.

That way we can have an honest discussion about how wrong they are.

Top Bottom