• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rocky

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2009
    Food, water, toilet paper, clothes, blankets, etc. After you get that concentrate on ammo and survival gear.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    There are plenty of threads in the Survival & Disaster Preparedness area that cover this in much more detail. I recommend that you read some of those to learn about the subject.

Big John

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    There are plenty of threads in the Survival & Disaster Preparedness area that cover this in much more detail. I recommend that you read some of those to learn about the subject.

Oh come on it looks like a real post... :)

Somebody is trying for 50.:rockwoot:

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Who puts TP in their top three, let alone essentials? That's what leaves are for...
    Apparently you have not consulted with the person who wears the pants in your family, ie the wife. I bet she would have something to say about this.

I think the OP is trying to hit 50 too.

I also agree with Bruenor regarding ammo. I'm not saying you need 10,000 of every caliber you shoot to start with. A decent supply is a good idea though. I would also add to essentials that you need at least one handgun for each person in your group or family, preferably of the same model and at least two rifles. No point in having if you do not have the ability to defend from the have-nots.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    The wife can find her own leaves. i'm not getting her's too. I'll be nice enough to point out the poisonous ones. Last thing I need is a wife with a butt rash... :laugh: Oh, she only wears the pants when it comes to the money we spend since she's the one making it. That'll change soon enough. :thumbsup:

JD31

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2008
    Leaves---I never thought of that. Now I'm gonna have to put those bags I raked up in the attic of the garage-- Just in case!!!

...and I would be doing something good for the environment at the same time.

Wait---the plastic bags. I'll just dump them out loose in the attic, and recycle the bags. That should keep the green people happy.

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    Who puts TP in their top three, let alone essentials? That's what leaves are for...

Geiser.jpg

Geisers. Nature's bidet. ;)

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Geiser.jpg

Geisers. Nature's bidet. ;)

Yep. Until that becomes lava... :n00b:

The only time you'll wish you had TP is in the winter. Then you just hope you remembered to bring a third pair of socks... Hey, at least you can wash them and reuse them... :dunno:

insidethebunker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2009
    North of Louisville
    Food, water, toilet paper, clothes, blankets, etc. After you get that concentrate on ammo and survival gear.

I would add guns an ammo very early in your preps.

If you have a lot of preps and no way to defend it then you will be SOL, or dead when the SHTF, cause in the door to door searches the mobs will be making for food you won't be able to defend what you have..

or

If you have very little preps when the SHTF then you will need the guns and ammo to defend yourself, find food, or blow your brains out because you didn't get your *** into gear and put enough food away to take care of your family.

Either way, you need to be putting away guns and ammo.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009

This is a genius post.

I'm sorry, but...seriously???:dunno:

TP for one, is no where on my SHTF list. If S does HTF, **I** have more important things to worry about than wiping my as#. It's a convenience item, not a necessity!

I highly suggest you take the time to read things in the Survival forum, so you can get a better idea on what is an "essential".

Edited to remove my dumbassery!

Last edited:

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    This is a genius post.

I'm sorry, but...seriously???:dunno:

TP for one, is no where on my SHTF list. If S does HTF, you have more important things to worry about than wiping my as#. It's a convenience item, not a necessity!

I highly suggest you take the time to read things in the Survival forum, so you can get a better idea on what is an "essential".

I don't know...I don't feel like doing much of anything if I don't have a clean bunghole...nuthin worse than working on stuff with an itchy crack.:D

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    :):
    But really...It's not something we "need". There are numerous other things to wipe our butts with. Wasted space.
    :moon:

Big John

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Wise old Chinese philosopher once said.... Man who goes to sleep with itchy butthole wake with smelly finger..

Actually TP is part of my preps.

Beans
    Bullets
    Band-Aids
    Buttwipe paper

I for one kinda like having a nice clean posterior.
    Hygiene will be even more important then, then it is now, a infection could kill you without modern medicine. OTC drugs, Prescription drugs, Animal drugs(most if not all Vet drugs can be used for people) tooth paste, mouth wash, soap, shampoo all these items until you have a means to make alternatives will be very important.

Of course Water, Food, Shelter are your big three!!

The most important thing is of course SKILLS!!!

Too all of you who don't think TP is important please if we meet post SHTF do not offer to shake my hand and please stay downwind the last thing I want is to smell your crusty a$$.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Yes guys, you should have toilet paper in your supplies/storage. But to quote the OP as his list for the biggest essentials
    Food, water, toilet paper, clothes, blankets, etc.

Food and Water I get. Clothes and blankets are also essentials. But I would have a few things to put in place of the toilet paper. Example? Medical kit is HIGH on my list.Firearms, Ammo etc.

So YES, toilet paper is obviously important, But NOT in my top 5 "essential" things for SHTF.

Top Bottom