• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RolanNRA

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    Hammond
    Also newdumdum should leave this forum. As his only point is meant to agitate...to stir stuff up...we have plenty of that in media and dont need his two cents

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    source please?

The source is linked in the text.

Same thing with kids drowning in buckets of water.

And way more drown in the bathtub.

Require mandatory bucket training! Enact bucket volume limits! Ban buckets! Ban bathtubs! Blah, blah, blah. It's all nonsense.

Could the shooter have done this had the kindergarten teacher been armed? There are no guarantees, but not likely.

Imposing legal defenseless victim status on those in public schools virtually guarantees higher consequences in these types of incidents.

Allow teachers and administrators, who wish to do so, to arm themselves. When was the last time someone walked into a police station or gun show to stage their mass murder?

Huh, I wonder why.

jon159753

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Avon, IN
    Why spend MORE money on security? Why not abolish gun free zones? I know many teachers at my school who own guns and think it's a good idea to carry at school. Wouldn't that be more safe?

At my school when someone with a gun shows up the procedure is to announce that fact over the PA and have everyone lock their classroom doors and hide in the dark. What's that going to do except make it much easier to kill groups of kids?

I dont know if you have a kid in kindergarden or not. However, I would gladly pay my share to keep her school secure. I would imagine that any of the parents of the 18 children today would pay any ammount if it could have prevented this.

try to e a gun man at the white house. you wont even get past the outter gate. I am just saying that locked doors, bullet resistant glass, and many other things could help. We can not stop things like this completley but we can minimise the risk. I know after this dies down a bit I am going to check into how safe my daughter really is at school.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Could the shooter have done this had the kindergarten teacher been armed? Not likely.

Its not even COULD. It is WOULD.

WOULD someone attempt this if the likelihood of success was significantly lower?

Sure, there are still crazies in the world, and we should be ready to face them. BUT, just being ready to face them is sometimes enough to prevent it in the first place.

After all, any type of security is just a deterrent. The truly evil will find a way.

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    as i have stated before, is what i believe we the people are focusing on the wrong issue. This is a mental health issue. the fact that there is a gun ban agenda, and the cost to effectivily face the mental health issues in this country is what makes it an instant gun isssue to the masses. Nobody wants to talk about taht though. the same with the cheifs player that shot his GF, and the nutjob that was involved in colorado, and the clown inthe mall shooting recently. The insurance companies that are tied to government/businesses dont wanna talk about that though because it will ncost them money as well as government taxes/funds that are tied to it. Its incredibly sad as i have 3 young children one of which starts kindergarten next year. But in my humble opinion we are focusing on the wrong thing. How bout we focus on mental health and see how much the mass viloence is reduced as opposed to strippingg law abiding citizens rights to protect themselves from government/violent threats. As i said before and i truly beleive it is about mental health more than firearms and its ashame taht the first thing people wanna do is take away guns, but we are not focusing on the root of the problem.

Corbinator

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    In this type of thinking lets not forget to ban 4-wheelers. Do you have any idea how many kids die on those things every year ? It's obscene ! Ban them all !

Really , this argument does get old but who can stop it ? Making guns illegal will work as well as making drugs illegal. I mean drugs are illegal but the darn rehab clinics are full of addicts ! How can this be ?

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    I dont know if you have a kid in kindergarden or not. However, I would gladly pay my share to keep her school secure. I would imagine that any of the parents of the 18 children today would pay any ammount if it could have prevented this.

try to e a gun man at the white house. you wont even get past the outter gate. I am just saying that locked doors, bullet resistant glass, and many other things could help. We can not stop things like this completley but we can minimise the risk. I know after this dies down a bit I am going to check into how safe my daughter really is at school.

Think about it. Do you think something like that is really that hard to do? I'm sure if a group of men who could keep a secret could do great damage to the WH if they wanted to. Now don't get me wrong it's an idiotic thing to do that may or may not amount to much and they would be killed afterwards but anything is possible.

If some men wanted to shoot my school up, heck the most security minded school for that matter, they could do it and succeed. No amount of security or legislation will not prevent someone from killing people.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    They are saying he went in with a couple of handguns. So we control them. Would the children have been safer if he had come in with a couple of shotguns instead? how about an EBR? Are we going to control all guns? Round them all up?

jon159753

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Avon, IN
    Think about it. Do you think something like that is really that hard to do? I'm sure if a group of men who could keep a secret could do great damage to the WH if they wanted to. Now don't get me wrong it's an idiotic thing to do that may or may not amount to much and they would be killed afterwards but anything is possible.

If some men wanted to shoot my school up, heck the most security minded school for that matter, they could do it and succeed. No amount of security or legislation will not prevent someone from killing people.

Like you said "some men"... most of these cases are lone shooters. Like I said there is nothing we can do to stop it. But something should be done to minimize it.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    since this is the general political forum and we are posting about dead children...

154917_4193991282827_741374361_n.jpg

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    When Navistar in Melrose was shot up, they had all kinds of security and it still happened.

The guy had knowledge of the security system and knew the soft spots.

He came in through an open gate used for freight and threatened the security guard into giving him her badge. That gave him access to all the locked doors in the plant.

Bad people do bad things. End of story.

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    The law is already written, no guns in school grounds. Do you think this lunatic thought abou that? You and I think about thesr things and livewithin the confines of the law. CRAZY people are just crazy!

Top Bottom