• 92LX

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    So, what new laws do you propose?

Make murder illegal?
    Make it illegal to shoot at people?
    Make it illegal for a lunatic to have a gun?
    Make it illegal to have a gun on school property?

Oh, wait......

There is evil in this world. No way around it. We can be prepared to face it, but we cannot avoid it.

Ding a ling a ding dong!!! Exactly right.

Oh but we can add Make murder with a gun even worse than murder any other way!

Crazies always were, still are, and always will be. You either defend yourself or not. How does not help anything?

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Ding a ling a ding dong!!! Exactly right.

Oh but we can add Make murder with a gun even worse than murder any other way!

Crazies always were, still are, and always will be. You either defend yourself or not. How does not help anything?

So the guy who killed the kids, and then killed himself..........will get a worse penalty in this world, because he used a gun??????????

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I think the youngster has already been castigated into submission. This kind of misstep can be reasonably expected of a 19 year old. Let's grow him up rather than cut him down.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    My 14 yr old employs way better logic (and has for some time).

19?.............better get with the program.

I wouldn't reasonably expect it from anybody that age.

Yes, but your 14 year old had you doing the teaching. Not everyone does so well in that sweepstakes.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    This incident is a prime example of why we need to get rid of the gun free school zones and put weapons into the school system to protect our kids.

Imagine the results of this tragedy if we were just able to arm these students. :(

Wait - What were the ages?

Imagine the results of this tragedy if we were just able to arm these teachers. :(
    And the principal, secretary, school nurse, librarian, cook, gardener, janitor, etc...

But NO - they have to huddle shaking under a desk and wait their turn. They didn't have a chance. :xmad:

The school I run is full of guns and it's the safest environment for my girls.

Home School for the WIN. :rockwoot:

Somewhat of a tangent. Arming the teachers is a great first step. But arming society with a different mindset would be pretty fabulous too. Not saying that in every confrontation with an active shooter, there's a chance to "do something," but when there is, waaaaaaaaaay too many people seem to resign themselves to the fact that the sicko with the gun gets to call the shots (ooh, sorry, no pun intended) without any input from them. It's as if they don't realize they can actually try to save their own lives.

Oh, yeah, imaginary rep for the school full of guns!!!!! I have apparently exhausted my supply for the time being.

So the guy who killed the kids, and then killed himself..........will get a worse penalty in this world, because he used a gun??????????
    Sarcasm. I think he was mocking the logic of those who pass laws thinking laws will prevent behavior.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Somewhat of a tangent. Arming the teachers is a great first step. But arming society with a different mindset would be pretty fabulous too. Not saying that in every confrontation with an active shooter, there's a chance to "do something," but when there is, waaaaaaaaaay too many people seem to resign themselves to the fact that the sicko with the gun gets to call the shots (ooh, sorry, no pun intended) without any input from them. It's as if they don't realize they can actually try to save their own lives.

Oh, yeah, imaginary rep for the school full of guns!!!!! I have apparently exhausted my supply for the time being.

Sarcasm. I think he was mocking the logic of those who pass laws thinking laws will prevent behavior.

Maybe, kinda hard to get it.... what with all the stupid stuff I heard from supposedly educated people at work tonight.

Timcor3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    While I agree any normal person is heartbroken over the loss of life, it isn't the guns folks. The old addage applies here, outlaw guns and only outlaws will have guns. The fact is there is evil in our society, a small portion but reality. Unfortunately different and harsher safety precautions will have to be taken at our schools. It won't stop them all. Like locking your door at night doesn't keep criminals out. Where theres a will theres a way. God Bless those famalies and children!

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    There is a lot of uproar about the young victims in Connecticut. I agree that this is a horrible thing and I can't imagine what the parents are going through. However, our society, led by the Liberals, gleefully murders between 900,000 and a million unborn babies every year. The moral high ground that they believe they have regarding gun control is hollow at best.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I can't believe I'm sayin this buy this school shooting is the final straw!! I'm a strong NRA member and supporter,

ROT IN HELL ADAM LANZA

STOP TREATING ME LIKE ****!!! I POSTED THIS AS A WAY TO RAISE AWARENESS OF THIS HORRIBLE TRADEGY

I MY SELF OWN 7+ GUNS AND THOUSANDS OF ROUNDS OF AMMUNITION SO I THERFORE LOVE MY RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS

!!!!!!!!!!!STOP HARRASING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by newdumdum9825; 15 Hours Ago at 15:35.. Reason: It was not Ryan but his brother adam

Hmm. Looks like you were WRONG about one thing off the bat, could it be that you were wrong about other things?

And have you ever actually explained what tighter gun laws will do to prevent tragedies like this? Might I remind you that this type of public mass murder exploded in popularity during the Clinton AWB? Obviously THAT didn't help...

michaelw2608

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    Take it easy on him. He is only 19 and has been growing up on us in the time that this thread has been posted. I understand your point, and got on him pretty hard myself earlier, but I think we have reached the point where he just needs some encouragement. I believe he has learned from this what he needed to learn.

I couldn't agree more. Its time to stop chopping him down and help build him up.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Just curious why you feel tighter gun control laws will help with situations such as this?

They won't, but responsible gun owners and the NRA need to be perceived as part of the solution, not part of the problem. Now is the time to promote compromise on some things like training, waiting periods, sales through FFLs, etc. (possibly in exchange for national reciprocity) or we will be marginalized in the debate and end up like Britain.

Dorian Gray

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    They won't, but responsible gun owners and the NRA need to be perceived as part of the solution, not part of the problem. Now is the time to promote compromise on some things like training, waiting periods, sales through FFLs, etc. (possibly in exchange for national reciprocity) or we will be marginalized in the debate and end up like Britain.

I couldn't agree more. Well said

Top Bottom