• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    WAIT? WE WON? OMG THE LIBERTARIANS WON THE HOUSE!

Oh wait.

You mean the Republicans.

Big whup, been there, done that, got the bill for it.

/THUMBS DOWN.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I'm happy, best we could have truly hoped for, at least a realistic outcome. At least now we headed in the right direction. As far as those who really thought the house would go to the Libertarians, come on now... there is no such thing as Triple-A government, and that party isn't quite ready for the big leagues yet. Give the Tea Party a couple more years and keep your chin up. :D

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    VA and CA may have lost our chance at the senate, but we have a good start. Thanks to everyone who voted today.

Control of the Senate was never realistic. Had it happened, it would have been the most massive message sent short of shots in the street. There will be enough seats taken in the Senate to make a difference, and the takeover in the House is HUGE, much larger than the Dem's worst nightmare.

Conservative Dems in the Senate will take note, and there will be enough cross the lines to make the next two years truly interesting.

Trading_Fool

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Very true Joe. I just heard on the news something else that I don't understand how someone could believe in. They were talking about the expiration on the Bush tax cuts and how that is a good thing. The top ten percent of the wealth in this country supports the rest of us. However we may not like or agree with that, we depend on them. They hire us and pay our wages. As long as they are making money they will hire and advance those of us who work for them. The smart move would be to let them have their tax breaks to invest in the economy.

Trading_Fool

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I must say that I have lived long enough that this is eerily reminiscent of Bill Clinton two years after he was elected. Huge Republican wave... Government shutdown. Bill moves to the center... Economy does well...
    What are you talking about? You have said nothing productive in this discussion.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Very true Joe. I just heard on the news something else that I don't understand how someone could believe in. They were talking about the expiration on the Bush tax cuts and how that is a good thing. The top ten percent of the wealth in this country supports the rest of us. However we may not like or agree with that, we depend on them. They hire us and pay our wages. As long as they are making money they will hire and advance those of us who work for them. The smart move would be to let them have their tax breaks to invest in the economy.

If the Bush tax cuts are allowed to expire, everybody's taxes are increasing...a lot.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I must say that I have lived long enough that this is eerily reminiscent of Bill Clinton two years after he was elected. Huge Republican wave... Government shutdown. Bill moves to the center... Economy does well...

And the incoming repubs of 94 were 10 times more conservative than our current repubs. I remember well enough in 94 that the repubs were pushing a conservative message as an entire party. During this years primary, the repub party did everything they could to defeat ant true conservatives on the primary ballots. In 94, people voted for a conservative agenda. This year, everyone seems to be voting against the dems. Do you see any hint of conservatism being pushed forward by the new repubs? I sure don't. My fear is that these repubs will maintain the current status quo, anger the population against repubs and ensure bamo the 2012 win.

Trading_Fool

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    And the incoming repubs of 94 were 10 times more conservative than our current repubs. I remember well enough in 94 that the repubs were pushing a conservative message as an entire party. During this years primary, the repub party did everything they could to defeat ant true conservatives on the primary ballots. In 94, people voted for a conservative agenda. This year, everyone seems to be voting against the dems. Do you see any hint of conservatism being pushed forward by the new repubs? I sure don't. My fear is that these repubs will maintain the current status quo, anger the population against repubs and ensure bamo the 2012 win.
    I can see that, but with the dems still in a majority of control, I don't see that scenario playing out.

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    WAIT? WE WON? OMG THE LIBERTARIANS WON THE HOUSE!

Oh wait.

You mean the Republicans.

Big whup, been there, done that, got the bill for it.

/THUMBS DOWN.

What he said.... It might be an improvement and better than a dong slammed in a car door, but we have a ways to go.

Trading_Fool

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    We have a two party system in the united states, but on the republican side we have the conservative republicans, the libertarians, and the tea party activists. The democrats have, well, the democrats...We must unite behind a common party and then divide on ideals from there. Republicans are a divided group, but we MUST unite to a point that we have a majority until we have the power to divide.

Trading_Fool

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Letting the wealthy have a tax break is a bad idea. Why??? We have a huge deficit. Either spending has to be cut enormously, or taxes have to be increased. Or both! Giving a tax break to poor people results in more spending - they are living paycheck to paycheck. Give them some money and they will spend it to stimulate the economy. Give a tax break to those making several hundred thousand dollars a year - give them a few more thousand dollars - they won't even notice. They won't spend it, and the economy won't benefit. They'll just stash it in their IRA's, while the economy suffers. This is why it's a good idea to keep the Bush tax cuts for the less fortunate, while making the rich pay more.
    I have to disagree. They are the ones that control the economy. I know it sucks and I wish it was different, but they control the money and that won't change.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Letting the wealthy have a tax break is a bad idea. Why??? We have a huge deficit. Either spending has to be cut enormously, or taxes have to be increased. Or both! Giving a tax break to poor people results in more spending - they are living paycheck to paycheck. Give them some money and they will spend it to stimulate the economy. Give a tax break to those making several hundred thousand dollars a year - give them a few more thousand dollars - they won't even notice. They won't spend it, and the economy won't benefit. They'll just stash it in their IRA's, while the economy suffers. This is why it's a good idea to keep the Bush tax cuts for the less fortunate, while making the rich pay more.

:rolleyes:

Top Bottom