• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    ...and another 2 guys 1 gun situation. This one was known associates however. Probably in the demographic category of much of INGO, but with more drug use on one side.

pmbiker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    Corn & Bean
    I train no gi jiu jitsu with a friend of mine. He's a former HS state wrestling champion and still amazingly tough. I'd imagine this is something we could work on but neither of us has experience gaining control of an object (gun).

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I train no gi jiu jitsu with a friend of mine. He's a former HS state wrestling champion and still amazingly tough. I'd imagine this is something we could work on but neither of us has experience gaining control of an object (gun).

Highly recommend Craig Douglas/Shivworks. Not sure how much video is online, etc. but especially if you already have a background in it, you'll get a lot out of it for both retention and vs gaining control of a suspect's gun/knife/club/etc

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Being inside a room when something like a 357 magnum goes off close by is stunning on your senses. Maybe in the course of a struggle the adrenaline is running so hard you don't notice it, but that's got to count for something.
    I've been inside a car with 2 unsupressed .223s going off side by side, shooting through the still mostly intact windshield. One of them was an SBR. It sucked, but it wasn't debilitating, and I didn't even have the stress of life-or-death combat to dull my senses.

I've been attending defensive tactics this past week at work and it's not particularly fun, but I suck at it and need the practice. I'm grateful to be in a position where I can get the training...but I will say that waking up this morning my muscles and joints are reminding me why I always do my best to stay out of fights on the street!

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    Some of the best training I have seen was in Krav Maga in classes in Israel. It is a real mix of moves that work against an armed person in close hand to hand. The big drawback to any skill learned if you don't practice them, you lose the reaction needed to perform them right.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Some of the best training I have seen was in Krav Maga in classes in Israel. It is a real mix of moves that work against an armed person in close hand to hand. The big drawback to any skill learned if you don't practice them, you lose the reaction needed to perform them right.
    How much different is Krav Maga in Israel compared to the US?

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    It is much more intense and you learn some moves that you are not shown in the states or maybe not shown at all now. I was shown a move to stop someone grabbing your gun that breaks the elbow and dislocates the shoulder in one flowing move.

Top Bottom