• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    I don't worry about marks on my carry guns. In your other thread about "why so many", this is one reason. Some of my guns are investments that I don't want scratched up or marked so they live in the safe.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    They are tools, built o last a lifetime! Pride of ownership is a good thing, but any tool that was used will show it! They say wear and scratches on a gun are badges of honor, like a broken nose from a good fight!,
    I would much rather have bloody knuckles from a good fight, but to each, their own! :boxing:

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    My carry revolver is a blued handgun but there are dart shapped shiney rub spots on each side of the barrel. Even though a guy that loves safe queens would turn up his nose, I still recommend no one step infront of that scarred barrel while it is in use. That is just a fact of life. Somethings are collectables, some things are for use. Don't carry something you regard as collectable.

arctic427

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Indy
    My edc is like my most comfortable pair of boots the ones I wear day in and day out no matter that never let me down give them a little love every so often and they just keep going and all the marks and scars have a story to tell .

Garander

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Lafayette/Huntington
    There is good wear and dumb wear, good wear is from it sliding in and out of a holster everyday, from having countless rounds through it, dumb wear is the result of doing something dumb. Like dropping it in the toilet, or forgetting you laid it on top of your car and driving off. None of which have happened too me but I know a few people lol.

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    When I first got my brand new pistol (non-carry, but still a user pistol) I got a bit worried and sad when it started showing holster wear. But after the first couple marks I realized that it was going to happen no matter what I did, so I might as well accept. And this thread has helped me feel even better about it.

None of which have happened too me but I know a few people lol.

Oh sureeeeeee they haven't. ;)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Your goal with any handgun should be to wear it out through constant training. The patina of use and carry is a beautiful thing, so maintain it properly and don't sweat the wear it will accumulate.

Top Bottom