• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I lost 100 quail in one night to a skunk. He piled them up like cord wood. It was a big pen, but quail are virtually blind at night, so it was easy pickings fir him. I live trapped him the next night and relocated him.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I lost 24 chickens one night to either a long tail weasel or mink. Pretty much took me out of the chicken business. I got him the next night. I think I have some pictures somewhere if you're interested. DNR told me as the land owner, and because of the damage it was causing it was ok to take him out. This was several years back.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I've seen three, the first was in Martin County many years ago, the second was near Atterbury and the third was in Putnam County. I got a real close look at the last one in Putnam as it chased a large rabbit past me at a distance of about 3'.

DCR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Pretty sure I saw a long tailed weasel driving into the Eagle Creek Pistol Range just before daybreak several years ago. Didn't get a great look at it but I don't know what else it could have been.
    Only seen one my entire life (I'm old). About 15 years ago at Eagle Creek Park on the cofferdam mid morning. He was on foot; wasn't driving that day.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    Had a friend lose all of their chickens that exact way. Mink or weasel, it got through the chain link fence floor of the chicken shelter.

a skunk is the same family, kills the same way, and is WAY more common - I was watching three in the back yard last night. One was solid black with a white cap, one was “standard” skunk stripes, and one was solid white with a black belly and a few black hairs on its tail.

KJW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Lamb's Crossing
    I am in east central Indiana and it was probably 17 years ago that one of our cats caught and killed a least weasel; beautiful little creature.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Anyone have any pics of these things

This one's been showing up a lot lately... ;)

iu

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I saw one a couple years ago near Lake Lemon. It was between waterways, near the road that I was standing on. I had to look it up to see for sure what kind of critter it was.

weasel2.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom