• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DIM TIM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Stuck in Ohio
    I have been rather busy with some needed work around the home. I've been doing some work on getting a few needed items, and checking on some gear that I would like to purchase soon.

A question comes to mind about web gear. I want to get a decent Tactical Vest for myself and a few family members. It needs to be one that will carry not only rifle, but pistol mags and speed loader pouches for a back-up revolver. Because of the economy, price is a big factor.

SO...any recomendations for an inexpensive TAC vest that will meet these requirements, and hopefully last for a good long time ?:scratch:

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    when you say inexpensive do you meen the $100-$200 range or do you want under $100. ebay would be your best bet. sometimes you can find good deals on eagle and blackhawk vests

here is a black hawk omega

Blackhawk Omega Tactical Vest - eBay (item 110650600343 end time Feb-24-11 13:25:20 PST)

Blackhawk Omega Cross Draw Vest, Belt & Leg Holster - eBay (item 220742475469 end time Feb-24-11 23:00:48 PST)

BLACKHAWK WEB TECH TACTICAL VEST NEW - eBay (item 270709588580 end time Feb-27-11 15:16:16 PST)

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I recommend you check out Wiskur Tactical out of Missouri. They carry Galati and Eagle brands. Galati makes a nice one for 70 bucks or so.

Happy looking.

Tactical Flannel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    West Central Indiana
    If I may offer a sugesstion....
    Perhaps the 5.11 concealment vests.
    They look somewhat like fishing vests to the un-tactical, will hold multiple magazines for handguns or rifles, and dont scream 'GUN' to everyone walking by.
    I have one in several colors for every occassion ( ;) ) but maybe an option instead of the mall ninja/wanna be Navy SEAL vest.

Stay safe

stormryder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Batesville IN
    I would hit Army surplus, I was at Traders World today and the Surplus booths had a bunch of surplus Blackhawk vests for a good price.
    Also checked out the permanent Gun Show @ Treasure Aisles(formerly Turtle Creek) across the Highway

vietboy1st

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Boston, MAss
    if you want a good vest. You don't want to buy cheap one because it will wear out pretty fast. My recommendation is to look into molle vest. Why because molle vest is designed for you to adjust your pounches that you wanted it be at. if you don't like it there, you can remove it and mount it some where else. You can attach ar mags, pistol mags pounches , medic kit pounch, hydration pounches . also you can mount other pounches on top of these pounches as well as long as it has molle mount in front of it. There are a ton of it out there and very popular. :)

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Mav 2 pc Body ACU is a deal that can't be beat. I realize it's not a vest, but with the other closeouts available on the site you can build custom rigs very cheaply. Especially if you can tolerate ACU or are willing to dye it.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Buy Condor. If you are anything short of a full time combat soldier it will hold up for years. They are very inexpensive and have nice designs. I especially like their plate carriers.

Top Bottom