• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • devil07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    East Side Indy
    Background: I have an old Webley MkVI. I've had it for a while, but still haven't shot it yet. Long before I got it, it was customized to a snub-nose, and re-chambered to shoot .45ACP (with moon clips). I'd like to take it to the range, but the timing is off on the cylinder. Considering the age of the gun, and the .45ACP being more powerful that the gun's original .455, I'm hesitant to shoot it with the timing off.

Does anyone know of a gunsmith that will work on an old Webley?

devil07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    East Side Indy
    Okay....Does anyone have a recommendation on a gunsmith who can fix the timing on any revolver? So that i can contact the 'smith and inquire about my Webley?

Boonl1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Indy
    Gunsmith, Eric Woods, (317) 784-9051. Eric is British, semi-retired now, lives on the south side (Thompson and Madison), worked in the London guntrade in the 60's and 70's. He is the go-to guy for stuff like this.

bigkahunasix

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Gunsmith, Eric Woods, (317) 784-9051. Eric is British, semi-retired now, lives on the south side (Thompson and Madison), worked in the London guntrade in the 60's and 70's. He is the go-to guy for stuff like this.

He does very nice work and is a lot closer than I am. I had forgotten about him.

BK6

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    Interesting piece. They are supposed to as tough as they are ugly...........;)

Good luck on getting it fixed; short of that, I would sink the money on a more workable specimen of a Webley.

Lot of history there, always had a hankering for a good shooting model, caliber not that important. I have heard the trigger pull is a horror show, but it ain't going to be a bullseye piece, I assume.

Keep us posted!

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Personal friend had one in 45 ACP. After a few rounds the cylinder exploded. taking the top strap with it. He was lucky not to be hurt. The .45 conversions may not be as strong as the originals.

bigkahunasix

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I ONLY recommend light wadcutter-type loads in re-worked Webleys. No bullets over 200gr. and keep the velocity around 700-800fps. Much easier on the old metallurgy.

BK6

Top Bottom