• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Took my youngest son (7yr) with me Friday night to sight in the new scope on the 22. We shoot for about a hour and he had a good time. On the way home he asks me "Dad when you die can I can that 22?" I tell him if he likes that one more than the others that is fine I will mark that one for him.

Later that night we where playing video games and he tells his brother (10yr), "I get dads Remington when he dies". They spend the next 10 mins working out who gets what guns and most of my other stuff when I die. I then ask them what about your sister(17yr)? They tell me "She is a girl so doesn't need guns". Guess that teaches her to stay home on a Friday night.

Amazed by some of the stuff the boys come up with to talk about.

O2guy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    MSG2
    Do they know something you don't? Good story it is amazing what kids can come up with...

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Did someone they know pass away recently?

Two stories:
    First - it's not just boys. When I was 9, we had several deaths in the family within a month or so of each other. Around the same time, my mom bought us a cat. My sister (age 7) and I decided to name the cat after our aunt, so that when the aunt died, we'd have something to remember her by. The cat died about 15 years ago. My aunt is still living. ;) I'm sure my family had a good laugh about that one.

Story 2 - when my nephew was in kindergarten, he turned six. He was mad about having another birthday, though. If he had a birthday, he was going to get old, and when you get old, you die. Or so one of his classmates had told him. So we asked him how old "old" was. 30. He looked rather alarmed when I told him that Uncle Lars was due to die the next month then. So we got out the game Chutes and Ladders and showed him where he was on the game, where Mommy and Aunt Pami were, where Grandma was, where Great-Grandma Ollie was, and his eyes got even bigger when we told him that Uncle Lars' great-grandma didn't die until she was *off* the board at 104.

Maybe it's just the age. :)

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I think Pami is right, Its probably the fact that they just really dont understand the real meaning of death, An yes they can come up with the craziest things sometimes

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I think my son understood death a lot earlier than you would expect. When he was three he saw a cemetery and said "that's the park where the dead people go." Damn if his mom didn't die right after he turned four. Not that he didn't miss her, he did and still does, but he took it pretty well, I think because he knows how it works.

warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    The last person we know that died was their grandma (my mom) 3 years next month, so not recent. It was hard for them both as she lived with us all their life and it was very quick.

Just thinking I can't remember last time we lost a pet to death, well we did lose a gold fish a few months ago but took the kids a few weeks to notice.

Top Bottom