• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I'm hoping its a Star Trek style Holo-deck with Marina Sirtis holding the instruction manual. I'm not sure what else will keep me entertained for eternity. I mean, seriously, that's a loooong time. If time still exists.

Making a hard turn notwithstanding, your reference to the continued existence of time (or not) brings me to a pet theory that eternity is not infinite time but rather the absence of or being outside the realm of time.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    You hit that nail on the head, Biblically speaking. YHWH God is not constrained by time and those that dwel with Him will be in the same "ETERNAL LIFE".

ETA Beside Jesus, I can only imagine what he has in store for us, but it will beat a holodeck hands down.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    [h=3]Believers Who Have Died[/h][SUP]13 [/SUP]Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. [SUP]14 [/SUP]For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. [SUP]15 [/SUP]According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. [SUP]16 [/SUP]For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. [SUP]17 [/SUP]After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.
    [SUP]18 [/SUP]Therefore encourage one another with these words.

1 Thessalonians 4, 13-18

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I am like a lot of the guys here. I don't know exactly what the first thing I'll see will be, but I do believe I'll see Jesus at some point.

Okra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2013
    I know exactly what you will see and hear at that moment: non-existence - complete and total blackness and total silence.

dugsagun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    portage
    Or maybe a "Hello, we have been waiting for you.....hey wait a sec, where's all yer stuff, you didn't leave it behind did you!?" That is if Saint Peter has a sense of humor. I would think being the first to see everyone come to heaven, a sense of humor would be mandatory.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    Been there and done that. My first experience was of a pure and overwhelming love like no other will ever be experienced in corporal life. The most beautiful music that literally permeates every cell, and the total relief of every worry, stress, sadness and injustice you have ever had.

I had no heart beat or breath for nearly five minutes. Then all of a sudden I was back in my body staring at the ceiling with my buddy giving me CPR. I physically felt fine but the very first question I had was "what am I doing back here?", my wife who was crying/shaking and scared witless said "you went limp and fell to the floor" to which I replied "no, not on the floor, but back here." "I wasn't 'here' a couple of seconds ago"

I didn't meet anyone who had passed before me, but I knew I was just about to arrive 'home'. Just wasn't my time evidently. Call it what you will, but I choose to call it Heaven, and yeah I was moving up a path surrounded by pure white light, the most pure love, and indescribably beautiful music that is beyond utterance...then I was back.

Having experienced clinical death I promise you there is an entirely different reality that you move into that is as real (actually more so) as this stuff we call life here.

I no longer fear death. I haven't since that night. If someone is an atheist/anti-theist all I will say is standby, your in for a shock. Probably better to hedge your bet then to be dead wrong.

Top Bottom