• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas

TLDR: Five years ago Multnomah County set out on a program to con homeowners to allow a “tiny home” in their backyards to house a homeless family for five years. After that the family would leave and the homeowner would get to keep the tinyhouse. They poke of installing up to 500 tinyhouses.

It’s now been five years and homelessness has been eradicated in Multnomah County. Well, substantially reduced. Well, cut back a little.

Actually, bupkis.

Although 1000 homeowner saps actually applied for this program, only four (4) —yes, just four, the single digit figure — were a accepted, and only four fully-furnished tinyhouses were ever built, costing between $83K and $133K each. Four homeless families were moved in, but within a couple years there were “challenges” and “sour feelings” and five years later only one of the four are still in a tinyhouse. The others sat vacant for years.

But at least the homeowners got a really cool backyard shed for “free.” HA HA you scmucks. Somewhere along the way the gummint decided the homeowner should pay “market value” to keep the shed. (Which I’m thinking should be zero, or maybe a negative number). The county government bounced management of the program around from one office to another and eventually handed it off to a “nonprofit” which negotiated a price with the homeowner that’s in the video. They did not disclose what the price was, at least in the vid.

It seems that $half-million was allocated for the initial four-house program, but the news crew is unable to obtain any insight into how that was spent, Other than someone told them the first four houses cost between $83,000 and $133,000 each.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Who could have foreseen problems from jamming a “Safe Rest Village” into a residential neighborhood.

I suspect my Grandfather could have.

He had a farm he leased out to some folks that turned out to be ****** farmers and even worse tenants.

By the time the lease was up, the ****** had managed to foster a rat invasion of the barn. We ended up burning the barn down and clearing the slate.

I suppose another alternative may have been to lure the rats to neighboring farms, but that would have only spread the plague.

My Grandfather was a better man than that.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Today’s installment of the social and economic miracle that is Portland.

Best part: when the guy called the cops to see how to get the homeless out of his business property, and of course they told him they could do nothing, he asked what to do. The cops told him to call a city office that handles such things and he asked what they would do. The cops told him: “probably bring them a cup of coffee and some hot soup.”

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Today’s installment of the social and economic miracle that is Portland.

Best part: when the guy called the cops to see how to get the homeless out of his business property, and of course they told him they could do nothing, he asked what to do. The cops told him to call a city office that handles such things and he asked what they would do. The cops told him: “probably bring them a cup of coffee and some hot soup.”

keep voting that way

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Sounds like "nonprofits" are doing well off the homeless, they are there because somebody is making money from them. Cities will have to annex more new territory to survive.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Guy put his house up for sale but potential buyers flee when they drive by and see the homeless “residents” that the city won’t deal with properly.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Guy put his house up for sale but potential buyers flee when they drive by and see the homeless “residents” that the city won’t deal with properly.

Nothing a couple gallons of gasoline and a few matches wouldn't take care of.

Edit: Oh, he's a liberal. He calls them "unhoused". Don't care. He asked for it.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

I wonder for what kind of policies the property owner was advocating when burning looting murdering folks were being promoted.

ETA
    Cannot quite make it out. What is that little flag in front of his house?

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Keep putting left wing "feel good" politicians in charge, and you will still get the same results.

Garbage In.. Garbage Out.

Duh.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

"For the first time in my life I might have to look at voting the other side of the ticket"

The first time. In his life. Meaning every single thing up until now was completely fine with this guy until, finally, at long last, it hit his pocketbook personally.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    "For the first time in my life I might have to look at voting the other side of the ticket"

The first time. In his life. Meaning every single thing up until now was completely fine with this guy until, finally, at long last, it hit his pocketbook personally.
    Yep, lefties all share the same "stupid gene" obviously.

Top Bottom