• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I have to wonder what ESL is like these days, back in the late 70s it was scary, parts looked burned out.

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    This post is worthless without pics

sx0n87.jpg

Good enough? If I ever got another p☆$$¥ it would be one of these.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I have to wonder what ESL is like these days, back in the late 70s it was scary, parts looked burned out.

I stopped there out of dire necessity in the late 90s (blizzard, oil light came on as my Camaro was pushing snow) and it was still SAF (Sketchy As F).

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    What you saw in the suveilance video are human animals acting in an insulting manner to real animals. So, when will the St. Louis police get off their butts and track these miscreants down and help get them convicted as the worthless criminals that they are?

Where will they put them. How will they pay to support them. So may questions. Such a confused local Gov.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    ESL in 79. I remember the burned out housing complexes still standing and general trashy look the city had, reminded me of the movie set from Escape from NY. Smell was bad as well. The customer I was visiting had the type of fencing around their place that I would only associate with prisons. Guard houses and electric gates. Made quite an impression on a young man from the farm.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    My son spend this summer with an internship in St Louis. It must be bad because he couldn't wait to get back to Muncie.:laugh:

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    ESL is a mess burnt out building’s ect.
    Police force is sketchy as well they have a history of hiring officers with violent felonies. Beating people up at random taking bribes drug dealing ect.
    You often see ISP patrolling the ESL exits on I64 in effort to keep non locals from entering the “thunder-dome”

I can take you on a guided tour of Grainite City, Washington Park and East St.Louis.
    We could also visit Gary IN, Cleveland OH, Cincinnati OH, Dearborn MI and many more.
    I will even drop you off at dark in West Memphis Arkansas then pick you up at first light.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Police force is sketchy as well they have a history of hiring officers with violent felonies.

I've got to call BS on that one. You can't get certified as a police officer in Illinois with a felony, even if you ignore the federal prohibition on felons and firearms.

To review and approve applicants to ensure that no
    applicant is admitted to a certified academy unless the applicant is a person of good character and has not been convicted of a felony offense, any of the misdemeanors in Sections 11-1.50, 11-6, 11-9.1, 11-14, 11-17, 11-19, 12-2, 12-15, 16-1, 17-1, 17-2, 28-3, 29-1, 31-1, 31-6, 31-7, 32-4a, or 32-7 of the Criminal Code of 1961 or the Criminal Code of 2012, subdivision (a)(1) or (a)(2)(C) of Section 11-14.3 of the Criminal Code of 1961 or the Criminal Code of 2012, or subsection (a) of Section 17-32 of the Criminal Code of 1961 or the Criminal Code of 2012, or Section 5 or 5.2 of the Cannabis Control Act, or a crime involving moral turpitude under the laws of this State or any other state which if committed in this State would be punishable as a felony or a crime of moral turpitude.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    BBI
    They don’t care bout no rules!
    Your right they had issues after hiring even the Chief.

Getting convicted on a felony would revoke their certification, though, and prevent them from being hired. You can have an employee, but without STATE certification you can't have police authority. As far as the misdemeanors, unless it's domestic it's not something that strictly prohibits you from being an officer in their state. You'd certainly have a tough time getting on a reputable agency, though.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

**Language warning***

[video=youtube;3LWXpIZ130s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LWXpIZ130s[/video]

I've got to call BS on that one. You can't get certified as a police officer in Illinois with a felony, even if you ignore the federal prohibition on felons and firearms.

Pffft, If you're trying to make a point, the underlying accuracy of what you claim is irrelevant.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    ^^^^ I made my kid watch that before sending him off to St Louis this summer.:laugh:^^^^

And told him to NEVER utter the words, "excuse me holmes", or "what it is, bro".:nono:

Aeroflame

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2018
    Brookville
    Well, as someone who has hung out in the hood. Visiting the good law abiding folks that live there in fear. This type of behavior is a daily occurence. Not a night goes by that some idiot does not do this. Happy to say most of my friends have moved up in status and no longer live in the hood. I don't have to visit there any longer. The wild wild west still exists. Look at Chicago. Yes, we have **** holes right here.

Top Bottom