• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I'm pleased to know what the line should have been, but Kilmer is the one that said it, and apparently wrote autographs signed with the saying, and also published his memoir with that title.

1630366640019.png

Gonna have to say it's "Huckleberry" in the movie and that Hollywood once again got it wrong.

I am pleased to know what it was supposed to be as now it makes sense where it never did before.

...and if we're going here anyhow, when it says it earlier in the movie it's slightly more clear. The drawl he puts on the character makes it hard to tell.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I'm pleased to know what the line should have been, but Kilmer is the one that said it, and apparently wrote autographs signed with the saying, and also published his memoir with that title.

View attachment 156049

Gonna have to say it's "Huckleberry" in the movie and that Hollywood once again got it wrong.

I am pleased to know what it was supposed to be as now it makes sense where it never did before.

...and if we're going here anyhow, when it says it earlier in the movie it's slightly more clear. The drawl he puts on the character makes it hard to tell.

I guess it don't make much difference, but I'm like you - it's nice to know the historical connotation, because I never understood the meaning either.

Caine02

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 25, 2021
    Birdseye, IN
    This is another theory and possible answer to whether it was huckleberry or not. "Another Southern slang usage of huckleberry was “the right person for the job.” In both instances of Holliday using the phrase in the film, Johnny Ringo is hoping to spark violence. What Holliday is saying to Johnny Ringo is that if he’s looking for trouble, Holliday’s the guy to give it to him."

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    I was a participant in a historical horseback trip in which we recreated Wyatt Earp's Vendetta Ride.

Johnny's favorite libation was reported to be "Old Overholt," a variety of Who-Shot-John that is still available.

We all tossed back a shot over Ol' Johhny's grave.

HPIM0412.JPG HPIM0413.JPG Johnny Ringo02.jpg

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Your Obedient Servant standing at the exact location where Johnny was found.

View attachment 156177 View attachment 156178

I admit all I know about Johnny Ringo I know from the movies, but... is he a guy worthy of memorializing?

I've read enough of Earp's history to see he wasn't as good of a guy as is often shown, but was Ringo that much better/worse? Or, is this just some famous for being famous stuff, old west style?

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    So.............it was suicide and NOT Val Kilmer, this changes history
    Actually, many who were familiar with the incident at the time thought that he was murdered by either Wyatt Earp or Doc Holliday, and never believed that it was suicide. The local coroner really had no choice but to rule it a suicide for lack of evidence to the contrary. This was at a time before what we would call modern forensics.

Top Bottom