• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Thank you guys for all the positive comments!! I hope to do a few minor things also to it!

Possibly Trigger (haven't messed with it)

charging handle with the large latch

quad rail

i hated the A2 sight but it is growing on me so I may keep it

sling

an optic

stock

and a different muzzle device and she should be perfect for me! But who knows I may love it the way she sits!!! I can't wait to take it out!

I'd leave it the way it is except the charging handle and a red dot. Then start getting parts to build another. Changing all those things on that gun really defeats the purpose of buying the $600 value rifle.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Thank you guys for all the positive comments!! I hope to do a few minor things also to it!

Possibly Trigger (haven't messed with it)

charging handle with the large latch

quad rail

i hated the A2 sight but it is growing on me so I may keep it

sling

an optic

stock

and a different muzzle device and she should be perfect for me! But who knows I may love it the way she sits!!! I can't wait to take it out!

I'm with you. Ditch the A. That's typically the very first mod I do, followed immediately by a solid optic. This is your first AR, what have you have prior?

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Here are the details from the modifications I made to my Sport II. I think they were all worthwhile upgrades without breaking the bank too badly. I understand the comment from jd4320t that it defeats the purpose of buying a $600 gun, but I think the mods I have made had turned my $600 budget gun into a worthy piece that feels great to shoot. Ergonomics make a big difference, and most of the changes I made involve ergonomics. It makes a great home defense/SHTF gun.

Bravo Company Gunfighter Ambi Charging Handle (Medium)
    Vortex Sparc AR Red Dot
    Geissele G2S 2-Stage Trigger
    Hogue Rubber Grip - Beavertail w/Finger Grooves
    Phase 5 Extended Bolt Release (Gen 2)
    Geissele Super 42 Braided Wire Buffer Spring and H1 Buffer
    Magpul ACS Carbine Butt Stock
    (Just ordered a 2A Armament T3 Compensator, but have not installed yet)

Michael762

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Centeral
    I'll leave it alone until I see how I like the way it feels, I had an AR before this but I bought it 2nd hand and it was awful, good parts used but awful build, I had it a month and sold it for my Saiga AK I have now. The rifle would not cycle at all!!! Basically a single shot AR. Now I'm on my 4th AK and we decided we need an AR lol and soon to be wife lol

Michael762

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Centeral
    Here are the details from the modifications I made to my Sport II. I think they were all worthwhile upgrades without breaking the bank too badly. I understand the comment from jd4320t that it defeats the purpose of buying a $600 gun, but I think the mods I have made had turned my $600 budget gun into a worthy piece that feels great to shoot. Ergonomics make a big difference, and most of the changes I made involve ergonomics. It makes a great home defense/SHTF gun.

Bravo Company Gunfighter Ambi Charging Handle (Medium)
    Vortex Sparc AR Red Dot
    Geissele G2S 2-Stage Trigger
    Hogue Rubber Grip - Beavertail w/Finger Grooves
    Phase 5 Extended Bolt Release (Gen 2)
    Geissele Super 42 Braided Wire Buffer Spring and H1 Buffer
    Magpul ACS Carbine Butt Stock
    (Just ordered a 2A Armament T3 Compensator, but have not installed yet)

I love the way that looks with your set up, it's simple. But looks great!! How does the dot interfere with the front sight is it bad?

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Picked this thing up at a gun store here on sale for $599 I thought it was a pretty decent deal so I hopped on it after my girlfriend convinced me that I need to buy one more gun before my surgery and other bills start piling up. So here it is the Smith & Wesson M&P 15 sport 2. I know it's not a colt or BCM but it's what I could afford and I love it!

Girlfriend? You mean wife right?

Looks like he said "girlfriend".

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I'll leave it alone until I see how I like the way it feels

QFT

Excellent advice here. You don't know what you need until you shoot it for a while.

I love the way that looks with your set up, it's simple. But looks great!! How does the dot interfere with the front sight is it bad?

Thanks! The Red dot does not interfere with the front site at all, it has a lower 1/3 co-witness setup, and works perfectly.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    I really like my Sport II. Only changes I made were the charging handle and added a red dot. After about 400 rounds of multiple types of ammo it has been 100% reliable and with good ammo it is actually quite accurate.

Michael762

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Centeral
    It makes me really glad to hear these good things. I was torn between the Ruger and the Smith. But I love my M&P 9 so I thought I could give the smith a try, haven't shot it yet but I can't wait to!

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    Nice AR at a good deal. You will enjoy it, my friend has one has put 1,000's of rounds threw it never a problem. Oh yeah don't ever fall for the line it's not a xyz because they are all great.

Michael762

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Centeral
    NICE I have been wanting one of these for sometime now, but I cant stop buying aks lol...Great score

I agree to this, I've been putting it off forever because I keep buying AKs I just can't get enough of them lol but I guess it is time to diversify my collection :)

Top Bottom