• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Atlantic Firearms just posted the new Omega MP5 SD barreled upper for $1699.00. It includes the full barreled receiver (with HK spec ported barrel) with sights, full auto bolt/carrier, and pistol end cap.

You'll just have to add an SD suppressor or fake suppressor that blocks the ports and a semi-auto lower and you'll have an SD pistol. You can also SBR it and then add a stock, or if you have a registered sear or trigger pack, slap it in and thrown on a stock to have a full auto SD.

https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/co...th-wide-mouth-hand-guard-detail.html?Itemid=0

I just ordered mine this morning, so I'll try to post some pictures when it arrives at my dealer in a couple weeks. I figured I would post the link first though, to let fellow INGOers jump on and grab one if they wanted to, since Atlantic sold out of the other barreled uppers before and took forever to get more in from Omega.

For SD suppressors, there are several manufacturers, including RCM and RDTS (RCM is currently running a deal on theirs for $500, normally $750). B&T (Brügger & Thomet AG) makes SD suppressors, normally only for .mil and leo, but Michael's Machines has done group buys from them as a distributor, so he might be able to get one for you, if you want to be more beardy mc-tactical than everyone else.

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    29527312.jpg

Well, that was quick. They are already sold out. I'll post some pics and a limited review when mine comes in.

Riflemen14

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 15, 2010
    Wells County
    What great set up to start a SD build.

Yup, sold out, what a non-surprise at that price.

I'll be second, I hate you.

Congrats on what will be an awesome dream gun.

pipelinen

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 16, 2012
    Demotte
    Have you thought about considering a S&H Arms can?

Chuck

+1 for S&H Arms. Curtis Higgins is one of the most knowledgeable guys in the HK buisness. The only problem is he uses a propriotory thread pitch as does RDTS. When he builds an SD he is actually porting and threading the original barrel which does not have the diameter to cut the 18x1mm threads. His suppressors are some of the lightest and quietest out there, so it would be worth the phone call to see if he would build you one with the metric threads.

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    So is the lower serialized for these? Excuse my ignorance? I am waiting on five nfa items right now. One is a cz scorpion sub gun

Well, it's a bit confusing to use AR terminology for HKs.

The "upper" is the actual receiver and is serialized part. The "lower" is comprised of the trigger housing and trigger box, which is not serialized, so you can buy these through the mail. However, if you have a full auto sear or trigger box, those would be serialized as a conversion device.

Top Bottom