Well, It doesn't look like Walker can be trusted either. We'll see.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    Keep in mind when reading these articles on alleged 'scandals' by Republican candidates for president that the press, especially in Wisconsin, and especially in Wisconsin when talking about Walker, have their knives out. As Glenn Reynolds says, the MSM are Democratic operatives with bylines. Whatever the foibles of the bill, the articles will go heavy on superlatives of malfeasance and tut-tutting quotes by the Dems.

There is no one running for office that can't be made to look like they have feet of clay, but we are not electing God or the Messiah. After the absolute kleptocratic mess of the last 7 years, any one of the Republican candidates (including Trump) would be a huge improvement, and Walker would be very very good. He held course through some pretty vile opposition, saw his policies vindicated by election, court challenges, and actual results, and that is worth a lot.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

exactly, the entire media in wisconsin and tons of outside money has been working everyday to remove Walker. He has survived it all. If you ask me thats all i need to know. The left has tried harder to remove him than anyone i can remember in recent history. When the liberals hate him and call him every name in the book, sue him, recall him, etc and lose, that means he goes against what the liberal communists want. And thats fine by me. Post stuff bashing the left. Enough fighting on the right.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Sigh. It's the internet. All you have to do is search.

Here's your link: Let me google that for you

Spare me the drama (sigh). I have no problem with Walker's contemplation of the tactics you cite. I believe in fighting fire with fire. After the union goons harassed his parents at their home, he had license to pull out all the stops.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You mean who's dumb enough to get caught on tape saying it? Walker is.

Starts at the 4:22 mark.

[video=youtube;Z3a2pYGr7-k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3a2pYGr7-k[/video]

How did this recording come about? I'm not a walker fan but if "getting caught on tape" is such an indicator of stupidity he must have recorded it and leaked it himself. That certainly would be stupid.

To think that his phone conversation was private should not be such a horrible miscalculation. Only in a horribly corrupt political climate should people have to consider that.

Who recorded it? Who leaked it? Was the phone bugged without his knowledge? If the latter, what does that say about their character? You're trying to use this as an assault of Walker's character, which it does tend to do. He did consider planting people even though he declined to actually do it. But I think the fact that the recording exists and was used in this manner manifests an even bigger assault on the character of whomever produced it for this purpose.

So my conclusion is that they all suck, and Walker may suck just slightly less than the people who used the tape.

Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    How did this recording come about? I'm not a walker fan but if "getting caught on tape" is such an indicator of stupidity he must have recorded it and leaked it himself. That certainly would be stupid.

To think that his phone conversation was private should not be such a horrible miscalculation. Only in a horribly corrupt political climate should people have to consider that.

Who recorded it? Who leaked it? Was the phone bugged without his knowledge? If the latter, what does that say about their character? You're trying to use this as an assault of Walker's character, which it does tend to do. He did consider planting people even though he declined to actually do it. But I think the fact that the recording exists and was used in this manner manifests an even bigger assault on the character of whomever produced it for this purpose.

So my conclusion is that they all suck, and Walker may suck just slightly less than the people who used the tape.

Some prankster journalist called in to Walker's office pretending to be Koch. Walker's people didn't do any background checking and let him talk to "Koch" for 20 minutes. Regardless of what he said, it's sad that politicians suck up so hard to the money men that fund them. They work for them, not us.

Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Spare me the drama (sigh).
    Spare me the laziness. It takes mere seconds to search anything on the internet.

I have no problem with Walker's contemplation of the tactics you cite. I believe in fighting fire with fire. After the union goons harassed his parents at their home, he had license to pull out all the stops.

That's all fine and dandy that you don't mind politicians using undermining tactics against citizens for political gain but the local Wisconsin law enforcement wasn't too happy about it.

"I find it very unsettling and troubling that anyone would consider creating safety risks for our citizens and law enforcement officers,”
    - Madison Police Chief noble

Local Law Enforcement, Officials Angered by Walker Consideration of Planting Troublemakers at Rallies | Firedoglake

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Designer, I won't be responding as it is clear you and I see things very differently. Have a good life.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think it's okay to admit when your guy does wrong. It's intellectual honesty. We don't have enough choice to pick a perfect candidate to support. ANY choice is a choice of the least evil, however we define good and evil. I'm not a big fan of Walker. I suspect he's a schmuck. But given the evil on the Dem side, I'd probably vote for him if he won the nomination.

As for the tape, I don't think Walker came out smelling as bad as the douche bag douche bag journalist.

Is that journalism now? To single out a formidable political candidate on one side and trick him into revealing his character? No. That's an unethical abuse of the power of the press. If this "journalist" would have done the same thing to all the political candidates, and reported honestly on all the results, that's journalism. Go find EVERYONE's dirty little secrets and report them. Don't just single out the one that you personally disagree with most.

So, did the press call him out on that? I doubt it. He should have been drummed out of the industry.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Jamil, I would like to know is it about Walker that gives you concern. Not challenging you or anything, just would like the info so I can digest it. I really became a fan of his a few years back when he stood up to pretty much the strongest attacks from the left that I've ever seen.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Keep in mind when reading these articles on alleged 'scandals' by Republican candidates for president that the press, especially in Wisconsin, and especially in Wisconsin when talking about Walker, have their knives out. As Glenn Reynolds says, the MSM are Democratic operatives with bylines. Whatever the foibles of the bill, the articles will go heavy on superlatives of malfeasance and tut-tutting quotes by the Dems.

There is no one running for office that can't be made to look like they have feet of clay, but we are not electing God or the Messiah. After the absolute kleptocratic mess of the last 7 years, any one of the Republican candidates (including Trump) would be a huge improvement, and Walker would be very very good. He held course through some pretty vile opposition, saw his policies vindicated by election, court challenges, and actual results, and that is worth a lot.

Careful with this. The Left could make the same claim about the Communist-in-Chief. Winning an election and being upheld in court obviously doesn't make your policies right or necessarily constitutional.

ETA: except for the 'actual results' part

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I think it's okay to admit when your guy does wrong. It's intellectual honesty. We don't have enough choice to pick a perfect candidate to support. ANY choice is a choice of the least evil, however we define good and evil. I'm not a big fan of Walker. I suspect he's a schmuck. But given the evil on the Dem side, I'd probably vote for him if he won the nomination.

As for the tape, I don't think Walker came out smelling as bad as the douche bag douche bag journalist.

Is that journalism now? To single out a formidable political candidate on one side and trick him into revealing his character? No. That's an unethical abuse of the power of the press. If this "journalist" would have done the same thing to all the political candidates, and reported honestly on all the results, that's journalism. Go find EVERYONE's dirty little secrets and report them. Don't just single out the one that you personally disagree with most.

So, did the press call him out on that? I doubt it. He should have been drummed out of the industry.

I think you forgot some purple. To paraphrase:

"Is that standing for election now? To do all possible to hide your true character from the electorate in order to trick them into voting for you?"

Uuugh

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think you forgot some purple. To paraphrase:

"Is that standing for election now? To do all possible to hide your true character from the electorate in order to trick them into voting for you?"

Uuugh
    Oh, no purple at all. I'm not giving Walker a pass. I just think the press is at least as, if not more dangerous than opaque politicians. A properly functioning press helps provide transparency into the shenanigans of our leaders. This was just a hit job.

How many wrongs make a right? I don't think it's two anymore; inflation, you know.

2 wrongs don't make a right but 3 lefts do....:whistle:

He's got you there Bug.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Oh, no purple at all. I'm not giving Walker a pass. I just think the press is at least as, if not more dangerous than opaque politicians. A properly functioning press helps provide transparency into the shenanigans of our leaders. This was just a hit job.

He's got you there Bug.

Touche'

Top Bottom