• ...and so much more!
  • MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Ah, Mr. Goodwrench

Man, that sounds like a terrible experience. I can see why, even if your pain had been under control, you wouldn't have been getting any sleep. I gave up trying to sleep in the bed and moved myself to a chair. I'm 34, have normal blood pressure and in generally very good health. Do I really need to be shoved around every 3 minutes and listen to an air compressor all night? If rest is important for recovery, they certainly do their best to make sure you don't get any. Whoever decided that everyone should get one of these beds should be drug out into the street and shot.

and all the alarms they hook you up to so they know if anything goes wrong, like your oxygen level drops. Seems I have sleep apnea, undiagnosed still, and every time I would get into a good, sound sleep, the alarm would go off. They finally put me on oxygen after I threatened to rip all the stuff off. The air compressor was a nice white noise for me.

Anyway, glad you made it through fine and are home.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    and all the alarms they hook you up to so they know if anything goes wrong, like your oxygen level drops. Seems I have sleep apnea, undiagnosed still, and every time I would get into a good, sound sleep, the alarm would go off. They finally put me on oxygen after I threatened to rip all the stuff off. The air compressor was a nice white noise for me.

The best part is yet to come. It looks like my L2 is crumbling, so I get to go round again. :ugh:

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Well I'm home. The whole process was less than 36 hours. Now I've got to stay home from work all week. SWMBO will likely lose patience with that program by day 3.

In other news, how am I going to carry my Shield? In the position formerly known as Appendix?

Glad you are home. Hospitals are for healing but certainly not for rest. Just too much going on there. BTW, most soldiers both present and past are light sleepers.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville

Honestly, as much time as I have spent visiting people in hospitals, I've seen enough to know that my experience could not possibly have gone any better. I'm very blessed.

Your story has a lesson that I learned: at some point, no matter what they want, you have to take charge of your own care.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Glad you are home. Hospitals are for healing but certainly not for rest. Just too much going on there. BTW, most soldiers both present and past are light sleepers.

It's funny, I'm a fairly deep sleeper, but something inside me is keyed into the waking world. Certain noises can bring me right back to reality. A kid crying, a door opening, voices. Noises like that will take me from sound asleep to full go in about 5 seconds. Any other time it takes me about a 1/2 hour and a cup of strong coffee to get me out of bed.

Last edited:

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Glad it went well. I just got home from the hospital on Thursday. Not appendix but back surgery. Hope you have a speedy recovery

My recovery should be complete in 4-6 weeks, but I'll be back to work in a week. Sounds like you've got the more serious road ahead of you. Get well!

boosteds13cc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Lowell
    My recovery should be complete in 4-6 weeks, but I'll be back to work in a week. Sounds like you've got the more serious road ahead of you. Get well!

Thanks! 3rd time is a charm. 4 to 6 weeks. That's pretty quick. Back to work though. That's has pros and cons, everyone loves money though. I'm more in the 4 to 6 month for the fusion to fully heal n hopefully within a year I can go back to work or some type of work

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Thanks! 3rd time is a charm. 4 to 6 weeks. That's pretty quick. Back to work though. That's has pros and cons, everyone loves money though. I'm more in the 4 to 6 month for the fusion to fully heal n hopefully within a year I can go back to work or some type of work

I don't love money. Maybe that's why I never have enough. But I love my wife and kids, and they've got to eat and be warm. I offered to go in to work if someone could drive me. All I could do is take a new guy and show him what to do. But I think my boss is declining, and I don't blame him. I'd probably do the same. So I'll wait the week and get back to work if I'm able next week.

I hate that you're going to be out of work so long. Hope that doesn't put your family in a tight spot. If it does, let me know.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    It's funny, I'm a fairly deep sleeper, but something inside me is keyed into the waking world. Certain noises can bring me right back to reality. A kid crying, a door opening, voices. Noises like that will take me from sound asleep to full go in about 5 seconds. Any other time it takes me about a 1/2 hour and a cup of string coffee to get me out of bed.

I'm the exact same way. Certain sounds will have me jumping up out of bed ready for a fight

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Good problem to have. Once you're all healed up, just check that the fit is the same since you might have some extra space there, now. ;)

That would be alright. I've been crowding out the extra space in my pants for a few months now. I wore 32's just a little loose for years. Now I can almost wear 34's. It's garbage.

Top Bottom