• ...and so much more!
  • CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    SUPER!:n00b: Only good snake is a dead snake!:twocents:
    That's a rather ignorant stance to take up. Snakes are very beneficial, to say that the only good snake is a dead snake is totally untrue and mostly the reason why we don't see nearly as many beneficial snakes as we used to. :xmad:

Regarding the ticks being out... wonderful, last year was particularly bad, I'm guessing this year will be worse if they are already out...

boonedock

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 2, 2012
    DECATUR Co.
    That's a rather ignorant stance to take up. Snakes are very beneficial, to say that the only good snake is a dead snake is totally untrue and mostly the reason why we don't see nearly as many beneficial snakes as we used to. :xmad:

Regarding the ticks being out... wonderful, last year was particularly bad, I'm guessing this year will be worse if they are already out...

Well maybe your ignorant for disagreeing with my previous statement..As You can see, I added the "2 cents" to the end of MY statement, if you don't agree I don't much care..It was my thought, it is a very old sayin, I just don't like snakes! :nuts::lala:

SteveL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    too bad we can't have the government come save us from the ticks......smiles.

Steve L

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    ALL the bugs are going to be worse this spring / summer.

The Winter That Wasn't just wasn't cold enough for long enough to be rid of them like normal.

-J-

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Well maybe your ignorant for disagreeing with my previous statement..As You can see, I added the "2 cents" to the end of MY statement, if you don't agree I don't much care..It was my thought, it is a very old sayin, I just don't like snakes! :nuts::lala:
    Wow... after seeing posts from you in several threads, I really wish we had negative rep back. I would like to say many things to you right now, but I won't. You have a lot of learning to do on etiquette & respect, and you're not long for this forum with the way you've been acting. You've been registered for a few days and you've already stepped over the line in several threads... good luck fella, because you're going to need it if you keep acting that way.

While we're on the topic of "old sayings" I'll just go ahead and say, "it is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."

boonedock

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 2, 2012
    DECATUR Co.
    Wow... after seeing posts from you in several threads, I really wish we had negative rep back. I would like to say many things to you right now, but I won't. You have a lot of learning to do on etiquette & respect, and you're not long for this forum with the way you've been acting. You've been registered for a few days and you've already stepped over the line in several threads... good luck fella, because you're going to need it if you keep acting that way.

While we're on the topic of "old sayings" I'll just go ahead and say, "it is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."

Wow. After seeing your posts you seem to be a real pita..i have my right to my opinion. Can.t help it you like snakes and i dont. Once again it was my 2 cents..think your just jumping on the bandwagon like the oethers on my case....guess i cant join the cool kids club until i have a million posts and cruise the internet all day.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Wow. After seeing your posts you seem to be a real pita..

I find it quite laughable that you think you can make an accurate judgement on me based on my recent posts. Did you actually read any of my posts? Probably not...

You probably have no idea about my background, where I am, what I do, my education level or anything of the sort, and you can form an opinion that I'm a pita? :laugh:

I think in all reality, I'm a pita to you because I've disagreed with your opinion and you have no way to counter that, so you can't do anything except tell me I'm a pita. Pretty close?

Small side-note, opinions based upon fact & logic, don't have this problem because those opinions can be substantiated with factual evidence.

i have my right to my opinion.

You're right, but an opinion is all that it is... often opinion is turned into action, and that action often reflects upon others or effect others in some way. When your opinion is turned to action and it adversely affects somebody else you're no longer entitled to hold that opinion. So killing a snake purely based upon the logic that you don't like snakes is IMHO ignorant and something you're not "entitled" to do because it can adversely affect others. Unless the snake is actually a danger to you then you have no reason to kill it.

Do you realize that most of the time snakes only come around because there is food... do you know what snakes eat? Varmints/vermin/etc... that snake is really doing you a favor... and when you kill it, varmints flourish...

Can.t help it you like snakes and i dont. Once again it was my 2 cents..

You're right, but I'm also entitled to my opinion that your opinion is based on ignorance of snakes. To be honest, I was in your shoes once. I used to hate snakes, and I'd kill them if I had the chance. However, through years of real-life experience I've seen the light and the benefits that snakes have to us humans, so I no longer hold that opinion. I can now substantiate my opinion by providing factual evidence of the benefits of snakes.

think your just jumping on the bandwagon like the oethers on my case....guess i cant join the cool kids club until i have a million posts and cruise the internet all day.

There is no bandwagon... when you open your mouth and make statements, be they opinion or otherwise, you must also be willing to accept the consequences of those statements. I've seen you make a lot of statements that seem to be made in ignorance or without thought. I'm not saying that as a personal attack on you, I'm saying that to help you understand why so many people haven't taken kindly to your statements. If you take the time to think about what you post, you can avoid a lot of that backlash. If you educate yourself on a topic prior to posting "opinions" on it, you can avoid a lot of flack. If you don't want to take the time to think or educate yourself first then grow some thicker skin and be prepared to take a bit of flack from people. That's the most basic rule on the internet, you must have thick skin, especially if you're going to go against the grain.

The good thing about the internet is that when somebody does post in ignorance or lack of knowledge on a particular subject, they are very quickly "educated" (aka corrected). When you have a group of minds & resources it's very easy for the real truth to prevail over opinion and preconceived ideas. Ignorance, misconceptions, misinformation, lies, etc are all very quickly uncovered and corrected on the internet. Stick around a while and you'll find that out easy enough.

Top Bottom