Well now we know for sure who the enemies of the American people are.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Given that last FY's burn rate by FedGov would exhaust Warren Buffett's $81.5 billion in 7.7 days, at what scale might we expect the tax the wealthy to give away free **** crowd to spot the cliff

Their raison d'être seems to be finding our limits by exceeding them

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Given that last FY's burn rate by FedGov would exhaust Warren Buffett's $81.5 billion in 7.7 days, at what scale might we expect the tax the wealthy to give away free **** crowd to spot the cliff

:yesway:

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis

:laugh::lmfao::lol2::rofl:

After they went off the cliff, they would be saying, "Everything's fine so far," right up to the instant they hit bottom.
    If they had any thoughts after the crash, it would be to blame the rich for not having had enough money.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

I think the idea of limits and consequences never really factors in the "Give away Don" leadership's thinking. It's a proven means to wealth and power, the only things they are looking for, so the longer term consequences of their actions are irrelevant.

Always follow the money

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    :laugh::lmfao::lol2::rofl:

After they went off the cliff, they would be saying, "Everything's fine so far," right up to the instant they hit bottom.
    If they had any thoughts after the crash, it would be to blame the rich for not having had enough money.
    No, they’d say, “see, capitalism doesn’t work!” And suggest public ownership of the means of production as a remedy.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    What to base it on? What's true, and what's not true? Of course everyone has some ideological bias that sort of guides their values. I'm talking about when ideology prohibits acknowledging what's true and what's not true.

For example, if I am ideologically invested in the idea that the world should be borderless, and so I become an activist, and then a politician and I pursue those policies, that pursuit isn't based on anything that's objectively true. There may be some true things and some false things about it, but a person who is ideologically bent on open borders isn't going to admit the bad or impractical things about it. What ideologue asks how practical it is to do what their ideology says needs done?

Another example is my own ideological beliefs. I tend to lean pretty libertarian on most issues. But I find most libertarians a little insane, because, at some point, there has to be a practical discussion about what those policies would look like and how they would work scaled to a society. Are they practical? In short, no. For example, a pillar in libertarian philosophy is the non-aggression principle. It's interesting to talk about, and would solve many problems, but it's impractical at a society level. It can't be scaled society-wide unless everyone else is a libertarian.

It's just like many other ideologies. They can only be scaled if the society is homogeneous. You can't scale open borders worldwide without creating caos. But try telling an open borders ideologue that and you'll be labeled a bigot.

I was trying to pitch a softball there. It was a satiric comment made against the proclivity of Americans to synchronize their values with the party platform or the current narrative. But satire doesn't always do well in print.

But I agree with what you're saying!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2017
    NA
    I don't expect anyone to stand, sit, or clap like seals during a SOTU address. It's a rah rah for whichever party holds the hot seat. Heck, half of the politicians can't even make it in to vote because they are so busy politicking and appeasing their base instead of working for us.

BUT, I only lasted until Trump said something about the " attack on clean coal" and I had to turn off the TV through my tears of laughter.

Top Bottom