• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    It has been done on US soil. Although not by governments, even though they are aware of it yet don't do anything about it, Mexican drug cartel groups have crossed the border to kidnap and assassinate people on their hit list. Not exactly the same but close enough and our government turns a blind eye to it.

totally false. we armed them, after all....

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

This is the problem with 50 years of American bullying around the world. I love my country but my government has stuck its nose into more peoples business than Gladys Kravitz.

We love our special ops like it is some invisible hand. Folks, it is only inivisible to us! The locals on the ground who wind up with their neighbors being whacked know all too well who did it even if they can't "prove" it. The only people who are totally in the dark are the American citizens.

All that aside we need world good will because some day we WILL FALL! It has happened to every major power throughout the history of the planet. We are nothing special. Athens fell. Rome fell. Pax Britannia fell. The Mongels fell. Zulu fell. The Holy Roman Empire Fell. The United States of America will fall. It is inevitable.

How we fall will be determined to a greater or lesser degree by how the world views us. India fell away from Britain and did so on relatively good terms, partly due to Gandhi and partly due to the British earning some degree of respect amongst the Indian people.

While we may be insulated today from world opinion that will not always be so. We all live on only one earth. We have neighbors whether we like it or want it or not.

We should work with other nations and not in spite of them to achieve our goals. Pakistan has a very delicate internal balance that is not always in our favor but is not always opposed to us. Instead of bullying our way in and pushing the issue it would be better in the long run to use more patience and work slowly within the Pakistani culture and political system to achieve the same ends as drone strikes. It won't be fast or cheap but in the long haul it will render better results with far less blowback.

Alas, ours is a country and culture that wants drive through food and instant gratification. That shall be our undoing.

Regards,

Doug

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

We should work with other nations and not in spite of them to achieve our goals. Pakistan has a very delicate internal balance that is not always in our favor but is not always opposed to us. Instead of bullying our way in and pushing the issue it would be better in the long run to use more patience and work slowly within the Pakistani culture and political system to achieve the same ends as drone strikes. It won't be fast or cheap but in the long haul it will render better results with far less blowback.

Why? Why should we worry about what they think, do or say unless it has a direct impact on us? We have plenty of problems at home, we don't need to worry about the problems of others. Unless someone poses a significant and very real threat, why should we care? If we still had all of the money we've given away to other countries we could have built impenetrable defenses which could defeat any possible attack on our country. I'd have rather seen that money go toward our peace of mind than to their corrupt governments. Very few countries are any better off after receiving billions of free money from us.

I don't care what my neighbors do inside their own house or on their own property unless it poses a direct threat to me and mine. I don't see "foreign policy" any differently.

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    I agree it is time to stay home and keep our money too. You can not buy respect or friendship overseas.

Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    These unwashed have never liked the USA, they have always and will always be our enemy. The sooner we realize that, the better.

This message brought to you from backwoods Indiana by people who've never made it out of the state, let alone the country. :noway:

I think the we've got our quota on idiot comments like this already. Keep it up though, you're almost to 50.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    This message brought to you from backwoods Indiana by people who've never made it out of the state, let alone the country. :noway:

I think the we've got our quota on idiot comments like this already. Keep it up though, you're almost to 50.

Are you willing to bow to the caliphate? No? Then the people being killed are your enemy.

hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood
    They're entitled to their opinion. They shouldn't be entitled to free money.

Pull all the boys home. Close the borders. Let the world fend for itself. Drill our own oil. Protect what is ours. Become self sufficient.

Once all of that is accomplished, if another country has something to offer we can entertain offers of "foreign policy". Until then, we have enough problems at home that we shouldn't be worrying about what the rest of the world is doing.

I 100% agree!!! George Washington warned us in his farewell address to stay out of alliances, and not to meddle in others affairs as they bring nothing but strife. Too many we would be labeled as "isolationist" and closed minded. I say the world be damned, we need to look out for #1! :patriot:

You can only murder so many of a country's women and children before the hatred becomes ingrained. Obama has gone out of his way to prosecute his drone war and ratcheted up the killing of women and children to unheard of levels. He's just creating the next generation of enemies.

Funny isn't it? How one POTUS can order the killing of hundreds to thousands of innocent women and children in the name of killing 1 "bad guy", but chastise the ENTIRE gun owning public for some bat-sh*t-crazy guy killing 12 kids? And one very...very important thing to remember:
    "Yesterday's Friend, is tomorrow's enemy"
    Think Bin Laden...Gaddafi....Mubarak...Hussein... -We put them in power OR funded them!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I agree it is time to stay home and keep our money too. You can not buy respect or friendship overseas.

While, I agree for the most part, there is a massive amount of hypocrisy in a nation which rose to power "sticking its nose in other countries business," packing it in and becoming an isolationist nation. America still has a number of debts owed outside it borders.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Why? Why should we worry about what they think, do or say unless it has a direct impact on us? We have plenty of problems at home, we don't need to worry about the problems of others. Unless someone poses a significant and very real threat, why should we care? If we still had all of the money we've given away to other countries we could have built impenetrable defenses which could defeat any possible attack on our country. I'd have rather seen that money go toward our peace of mind than to their corrupt governments. Very few countries are any better off after receiving billions of free money from us.

I don't care what my neighbors do inside their own house or on their own property unless it poses a direct threat to me and mine. I don't see "foreign policy" any differently.

To Phylodog,

With the idea of staying at home I agree entirely! I believe you and I are on the same page here. There are times we have reasons to help solve problems in other countries but it is nowhere near as often as our government likes to meddle.

My point is only that when we do have a vital need to go after a bad guy in someone else's back yard we need to work with that someone else instead of just ignoring them and doing what we want because we're stronger than they are.

We should treat other nations as we citizens wish to be treated: Ya'll keep outa my b'ness, an' I'll keep outa yer b'ness. If only our government could learn this lesson.

Regards,

Doug

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    I dislike 92% of the world 92% of the time.

"I don't always hate everyone all the time, but when I do, I hate everyone. All the time." - Dos Equis guy

34886539.jpg

Last edited:

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'm glad a lot of people agree we don't need to be sending them money, wasn't it Ron Paul who said foreign aid is taking money from poor people in this country and giving it to rich people in poor countries. I don't think our aid to Pakistan bought us much of anything, it certainly didn't buy us any help when it came to getting Bin Laden.
    I don't think drone strikes are helping our cause either, I don't think the Pakistani's take a great deal of relief from Obama changing the definition of militant to "any male of military age in the strike zone" in order to fudge the numbers of civilian deaths.

gdunn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    This.

I'm sure our drone strikes aren't winning us any friends.

True, but I don't think we should make military decisions based upon how popular it will make us. I don't have any problem with being viewed in a negative light in Pakistan. They are allied with us when it suites them. 92% of them may dislike America. Fine. I hate 100% of them.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    While, I agree for the most part, there is a massive amount of hypocrisy in a nation which rose to power "sticking its nose in other countries business," packing it in and becoming an isolationist nation. America still has a number of debts owed outside it borders.

I don't think this country rose to power by sticking it's nose into other countries business. This country rose to power via hard work, a system of government which encouraged individual performance and a strong belief in itself, its people. If someone were to sit down and tally debts owed to us from other countries and debts owed by us to other countries I'm thinking we're in pretty good shape. No one ever considers what we've given for some reason.

To Phylodog,

With the idea of staying at home I agree entirely! I believe you and I are on the same page here. There are times we have reasons to help solve problems in other countries but it is nowhere near as often as our government likes to meddle.

My point is only that when we do have a vital need to go after a bad guy in someone else's back yard we need to work with that someone else instead of just ignoring them and doing what we want because we're stronger than they are.

We should treat other nations as we citizens wish to be treated: Ya'll keep outa my b'ness, an' I'll keep outa yer b'ness. If only our government could learn this lesson.

Regards,

Doug

I see where you were coming from now but I still believe the billions we've given them should have been enough to grant us a bit of a leash, particularly when they are knowingly harboring a fugitive of that magnitude. If they want to be upset they have every right to be, they can refuse any more of our money and strike out on their own.

Top Bottom