Well the ATF has officially confused me with my wait time.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    So I called the NFA branch yesterday to get an update on my Form 4's pending status and was told it went into a second pending stage on July 17th and to expect my tax stamp 90 days after that date. Well based on some things I read online today I went ahead and decided to call again to see if I would get the same answer and instead another woman answered the phone and told me my original pending date on March 11th and to expect it after 9 months.

Also as far as this 2nd pending date the first lady I spoke too told me that it was cleared through the assistants and awaiting the examiner's signature. Where as the lady I spoke to today says that if there is a second pending date then the paperwork has a mistake or there was some kinda problem.

So anyone know what's going on? Because I sure as hell don't! :n00b:

Last edited:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    So,
    You called the government and expected an honest answer?

Now that's Confusing. :n00b:

Try to distract yourself and put it out of your mind. Get a girlfriend. They're always good for that. (at least till your stamp shows up)
    I've always gotten my stamp when I wasn't expecting it.

Then it's like Christmas.
    Of course it might be till Christmas - 2014. :(

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    IRS targets Tea Party types....

ATF targets gun owner types...

Here is how most government agencies should answer their phones:

"Hello, Department of _______, this is _______, how many we hinder you today?"

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I jusr called on 2 of mine thar are a couple weeks past 6 months from getting mailed. The nice lady told me they both are pending waiting on final approval. Hopefully it wont take Nikki to long to put her stamp on them.

Sean

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    So I called the NFA branch yesterday to get an update on my Form 4's pending status and was told it went into a second pending stage on July 17th and to expect my tax stamp 90 days after that date. Well based on some things I read online today I went ahead and decided to call again to see if I would get the same answer and instead another woman answered the phone and told me my original pending date on March 11th and to expect it after 9 months.

Also as far as this 2nd pending date the first lady I spoke too told me that it was cleared through the assistants and awaiting the examiner's signature. Where as the lady I spoke to today says that if there is a second pending date then the paperwork has a mistake or there was some kinda problem.

So anyone know what's going on? Because I sure as hell don't! :n00b:

I had two forms go pending back in January, when I called to check the status in June I was informed they went pending June 6th. Needless to say I was confused so I inquired about it. The forms initially go pending when received and entered into their processing system. This new pending they're telling people is when they're dumped to the examiner. Mine went pending in the old sense on January 31st, went pending with the examiner on June 6th and were approved August 15th. I was told the pending with examiner date is easier to project completion dates from. I was told 60 days from my second pending date and it ended up being 71, significantly better than the guess 6,7,8,9,10 months and get them off the phone.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I've got one that was approved 3 weeks ago. I called them 2 weeks back, which it was one week approved and was pretty happy.

I emailed the dealer to let him know it should be in his mailbox soon.

He didn't see it a week later so he called, and they said it could be up to 4 weeks before it gets mailed out, after its approved.

Ive never had the mailing part take so long. I mean, put it in an envelope already!!!!! ;)

digitalrebel80

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 97.4%
    38   1   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    New Whiteland
    I've got one that was approved 3 weeks ago. I called them 2 weeks back, which it was one week approved and was pretty happy.

I emailed the dealer to let him know it should be in his mailbox soon.

He didn't see it a week later so he called, and they said it could be up to 4 weeks before it gets mailed out, after its approved.

Ive never had the mailing part take so long. I mean, put it in an envelope already!!!!! ;)
    Let us know when you get it I see from nfa tracker most are received within 2 weeks

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I've gotten the "second pending date is 'x', it should be approved in 90 days" on several forms lately. The NFA question gurus will just tell you its waiting on a signature. They're changing many of the rules around at the NFA processing center. Line items that were acceptable when the forms were filed may not be accepted at the time of processing. Lots of error statuses recently, especially on form 1's. And yeah, when the forms are approved, it may be 4-6 weeks before the dealer gets your stamped forms back.

Wait times are over 9 months recently. Sadly, it's not getting any quicker either. I'm expecting 12 month wait times by the end of the year.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    The wait is rediculous and makes me wonder if NFA approvals are being intentionally delayed much like the IRS 501c delay tactics being used against conservative groups. I know volumes are probably higher but has it tripled in less than 10 years??? How can the ATF explain going from a 3 month NFA stamp approval in ~2005 (when I got my 1st) to a 9 month wait. My last two stamps were ~6 months about a year ago.

:xmad:

Top Bottom