• jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Restaurant Chains Cut Estimates for Health-Law Costs - Yahoo! Finance

After re-running the numbers Wendy's is now saying that it's only going to cost them $5K per each store more a year for Obamacare as oppose to the 25K they originally estimated.

But read more into the article and you find out why.
    Here you go...
    They say many employees will decline company-offered insurance, either because they can get insurance through Medicaid or a family member, or because they prefer to pay the penalty for not having health insurance. The penalty next year will be as low as $95 next year, much less than most employees will be asked to pay through company-sponsored insurance plans.
    and
    Instead of buying insurance, Mr. Bower expects many employees will choose to pay the $95-a-year fine for being uninsured. "Do you want to pay $100 a month for health care, or are you going to pay a $95 fine that comes out of your income-tax return at the end of the year?" he said.

So in essence the affordable care act is working just as the SC said it's a 'tax'. :faint:

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    This is exactly what they want to happen. If enough employers drop coverage, and enough people just choose to pay the tax, in three years the Insurance Industry will be bankrupt leaving no choice (they think) for the people except turning to El Jefe, Liar in Cheif, and call for Nationalization and a single payer health care system.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    This is exactly what they want to happen. If enough employers drop coverage, and enough people just choose to pay the tax, in three years the Insurance Industry will be bankrupt leaving no choice (they think) for the people except turning to El Jefe, Liar in Cheif, and call for Nationalization and a single payer health care system.

winner_winner_chicken_dinner_large.jpg

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    I thought the purpose was to cover all Americans with affordable health insurance. All I see is my reates going up and the ones that need it declining.

News Bulletin!!!!!! If you believed this, like many, you have been fleeced!:welcome:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I believe that $95 fine is the first year only. I believe it goes up yearly until it is about what it would cost you to buy insurance.

As I have said before, and many people don't seem to grasp, obama-care is going to tax the middle class to death in the next decade or less.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Yeah. ..I just started a new job and including what my employer is kicking in. .. which I think is a very fair amount. .. covering my whole family on an 80/20 w\ a 4K deductible would eat about half of my paycheck. Thanks democrats.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Again another way for lazy, uneducated, unmotivated, unclean, handout grabbing indivduals to beat the system.

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    When Obama Care really kicks in, and all those illegals and currently uninsured get access to health care as promised, just where are they going to to get it? The DumbocRats seem to have left that tidbit of info out of the scheme of things. The current Contractor contract for the VA clinic in Bloomington has a clause that states that in the future to accept " non VA patients ". Let the riots begin!

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    This is this first year for he tax penalty. Wait ubtil next year if you are a smoker. There is a soecial prize for you and it wont make you happy!

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    This is this first year for the tax penalty. Wait until next year if you are a smoker. There is a special prize for you and it wont make you happy!

Top Bottom