• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Duron219

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    East Chicago
    The ammo shelves were almost completely empty. I went to buy some .30 Carbine and it was all gone so I decided to check on some other ammo and there was nothing. Are all stores like this or was it just this store?

SRR

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Commiefornia
    Most stores are empty, and the ones that have ammo in stock run out as soon as they put on the shelves. Wallyworld has some tula but limit the purchase to three boxes.

jy951

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Feb 18, 2009
    Last time I went to Blythes in Valpo they had a fair amount of ammo in all types. Slightly higher than normal, but it was available.

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    I just got back from Nebraska and its the same everywhere. I stopped in two Bass Pro's and two Cabelas (St. Louis, Kansas City, and Omaha) and they were empty. On three of my stops I was there at opening, and as soon as the doors were unlocked, people were dang near running to the ammo. I kinda just laughed and thought about how crazy the whole thing is. I had to settle for a new Benchmade knife:D

fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    There was an individual proned out in the entry/exit median Monday about 5:30 with two Hammon police cars.

While I was up wondering around in the Gun Library, one of the employees came up and asked me if I saw them outside.

Said the kid was loading a magazine with 45 ACP's there in the ammo aisle.

Apparently, they saw him, had video - called the cops and snagged him before he got off the property.

The employees were whooping it up a bit saying they needed to add a "theft limit" sign underneath their buying limit signs.

But they did give him credit for leaving the partial box on the shelf and not just stealing the whole thing.

Times are tough.

Duron219

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    East Chicago
    There was an individual proned out in the entry/exit median Monday about 5:30 with two Hammon police cars.

While I was up wondering around in the Gun Library, one of the employees came up and asked me if I saw them outside.

Apparently, they saw him, had video - called the cops and snagged him before he got off the property.

The employees were whooping it up a bit saying they needed to add a "theft limit" sign underneath their buying limit signs.

But they did give him credit for leaving the partial box on the shelf and not just stealing the whole thing.

Times are tough.
    Wow that is pretty crazy but I'm not that surprised. You can tell when some of the boxes have been open and some of them feel a bit lighter than they should.

Lowrider

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Valpo
    I go to Blythes Valpo many times a week to shoot and look for Ammo. Almost always have reloads from precision cartridge there and often some other blazer ammo especially in 9mm. I see 40 and 45 often as well in reloads but can't speak to other calibers because I am not looking for it except 22 LR. 22LR is elusive but Blythes sometimes has that as well but not often in bulk packs. 50 or 100 packs usually CCI and some other random brands. They do limit quantity so many can get some.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI

Times are tough.

We were there at the same time.:D

9ab0e38a-ea3d-486c-b1a4-ee28918d2d0e_zps8a16e8ae.jpg

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    A friend of mine bought a box of 50 rounds of .30 carbine ammo at Westforth's in Cal Township last week for $27 and change. Pricey, but that's the norm everywhere right now.

Top Bottom