Went to go buy my LCP, came home empty handed for now....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    Went up to get a stainless LCP yesterday. When i got up there they only had a stainless with the laser. Now i'm a big fan of the stainless and really had my mind set on getting one of those. The problem is while i like the laser thats on the gun, i dont nessasarily need it, nor was i "planning" on getting one with the laser. guy at the counter said he could do the stainless with laser for $449.00 or the blued with no laser for $279.00.

Now while the $279 sounds a whole lot better, I really like my stainless. I couldn't decide what i wanted to do so i ended up coming home empty handed. I need some advice. Are the prices good on what he quoted me at? He took $50 off each sticker price for me. Is there another gun shop around the michiana area that has the stainless in stock for under $300? Or should i just wait it out a few weeks more and pick up the stainless with the laser?

Decisions Decisions......

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I have the CT laser on my Stainless KelTec P3AT (basically same gun as the LCP), and I have an LCP no laser. If I had to do it over again I'd get the stainless since the LCP (and my older KelTec P32 non stainless and every pcket gun I've had) rusts easily. If I keep on it every few days it's not bad, but I wish I had it in stainless now.

As far as the laser goes, I'm ambivilant. I got mine on my KelTec when I traded for the gun and it's nice enough, but they both fit my hand well enough that I shoot just fine without the laser (about the same groups at 50'). I would not have paid extra for it.

45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    I have the CT laser on my Stainless KelTec P3AT (basically same gun as the LCP), and I have an LCP no laser. If I had to do it over again I'd get the stainless since the LCP (and my older KelTec P32 non stainless and every pcket gun I've had) rusts easily. If I keep on it every few days it's not bad, but I wish I had it in stainless now.

As far as the laser goes, I'm ambivilant. I got mine on my KelTec when I traded for the gun and it's nice enough, but they both fit my hand well enough that I shoot just fine without the laser (about the same groups at 50'). I would not have paid extra for it.

Yeah the laser would be nice but i wasn't planning on getting one. Its hard to justify paying the extra $170 just to get the stainless model, with the laser that i dont really need.

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    what shop in Michiana did you go to? I don't know what the LCP's with laser run but $279 is a good price and I think you would be hard pressed to find a new one cheaper... assuming you went to midwest? you could call the elkhart store and ask if they have one, you might also call ZXGuns. I think they are a sight supporter now and they are known for cutting some very good prices. weather they are open today (Saturday) is questionable, I would call or check their site before driving to goshen.
    You could also check out granger guns, but I wouldn't count on them haveing one in and at the right price.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Went up to get a stainless LCP yesterday. When i got up there they only had a stainless with the laser. Now i'm a big fan of the stainless and really had my mind set on getting one of those. The problem is while i like the laser thats on the gun, i dont nessasarily need it, nor was i "planning" on getting one with the laser. guy at the counter said he could do the stainless with laser for $449.00 or the blued with no laser for $279.00.

Now while the $279 sounds a whole lot better, I really like my stainless. I couldn't decide what i wanted to do so i ended up coming home empty handed. I need some advice. Are the prices good on what he quoted me at? He took $50 off each sticker price for me. Is there another gun shop around the michiana area that has the stainless in stock for under $300? Or should i just wait it out a few weeks more and pick up the stainless with the laser?

Decisions Decisions......

This is the cheapest LCP I found on GUNBROKER Ruger LCP 380 Auto Black New in box : Semi-auto at GunBroker.com

45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    yeah i'm still back and forth on this. I didn't want to spend much more than 300 for it because i plan to buy a pocket holster and an IWB from crossbreed. I think i may check out the 1500 for one if i can find it in stainless for 300. I was really hoping to have it in my hands yesterday though.

Top Bottom