• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    I went to the range today to help some friends get into shooting. I left my house at 10am and didnt get home till 4pm. I took 2000 rounds of various ammo with me and about 10 guns or so, and I came home with a bunch of brass and not one loaded case. The crazy part is I didnt even shoot.

I think they liked shooting just a little bit! All of them are trying to get me to go out agian next weekend and most of them are looking into buying thier first gun.

I am just glad to say, that we have three new shooters out there and all of us had a good, accident and problem free day at the range!

They shot everything from .22LR to 45ACP out of pistols and everything from 22LR to 30/06 out of rifles. It was a great day.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Rep to you for letting your friends shoot up all your ammo. Also great to see someone introduce others to shooting.

illini40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    You are my kind of friend! In all seriousness, props to you for helping get other folks into the addiction.

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    Next time they will have to help out with ammo but for thier first time it wont kill me. I reload a bunch and to shoot that many rounds without a malfunction makes me feel good about the rounds I have loaded. Every round except the 100 or so .22LR's were my reloads, so atleast I know the work and shoot good.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Get them hooked, I say.

The first one's free - then they buy the ammo ;).

+ rep to you OP for getting more folks involved.

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    This time they wont have to help me clean them, but all of them offered. I will clean them up tonight and tomarrow and one of my friends will come over and help. I would perfer to teach them individually on how to break them down and clean them. The range was pretty simple with more than one new person because I only took out one gun at a time, cleaning is a totally different story.

I can see it now. A pile of parts and not a clue on where they go.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    This time they wont have to help me clean them, but all of them offered. I will clean them up tonight and tomarrow and one of my friends will come over and help. I would perfer to teach them individually on how to break them down and clean them. The range was pretty simple with more than one new person because I only took out one gun at a time, cleaning is a totally different story.

I can see it now. A pile of parts and not a clue on where they go.

That is a lot of guns to clean and making them help will go a long way towards helping to familiarize them with the firearms +1 :yesway:

daspurlock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    I did the same thing about a month ago we shot all day and most had never shot a gun before. They all loved it and so did I, didn't mind that the ammo was all gone. Since then boxes of bullets have been showing up here and there from everyone that was there. With friends like that I 'll be sure to do it again. I'm sure you'll have the same kind of luck.

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    Yeah, my friends are not really the type to stick anyone with the bill. I offered this time to get the stuff we needed, next time someone else will pick up the bill. My friends are just as close to me as family, all of us spend a lot of time together. Some of my friends have shot before, but these three hadn't so I helped them out. The great part is that, if I never need anything they will be there.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I'm going to blame your new shooting friends the next time there is an ammo shortage. All I need is more people buying up all the ammo. I actually kind of like letting new shooters go through some of my 8mm and my 7.62x51 (through the Cetme). Let them see that just because it looks like a bigger round, it doesn't automatically mean it is going to have nasty recoil. They also get to shoot various handguns and rifles with a .22 rifle and handgun among the mix.

Top Bottom