• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • barber613

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Kokomo
    So I was going to Daleville to visit some family today and I thought why not go on down to Wilber Wright and put a little lead down range. Man am I glad I did, I had a great time. To top it off, my eight year old boy decided to tag along, and he had never shot a real gun.

For todays trip, we took our Colt 20 inch A2, the 77/17, and a glock in .45 and 9mm. Both long guns had scopes that needed to be zeroed. After I got the Colt zeroed, the boy took his first shot and put it almost dead center from 50yds. When I say first shot, I mean first shot ever. The guys watching the targets with field glasses about went crazy. I should probably mention the rifle has a bi-pod. Still yet, I was impressed. After running 1/2 a box through the .17 we moved over to the pistol range. After he shot the .45, he was wishing I would have thrown the p22 in the bag, but I hadn't. The 9 really was not his thing either. As a matter of fact the first empty hit him in the face.

I also met a guy there with a DPMS carbine that had a VFG and an eotech on it. I had never shot a gun with either of these features. It was the bees knees, I hope to try the aimpoints before I get optics for my carbine. The whole both eyes open thing works pretty good. All in all it made me realize that I don't get out and shoot near enough

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    Glad to hear you and your son had a great time. Any pics? Kudos to you for introducing your son to shooting sports. Next time, don't forget the 22! :D

SCAR

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Valparaiso Indiana
    You may want to rethink letting your boy use the P22n I took my 9yo last year to teach him to shoot with the P22 and I havnt been able to get to the range alone sense!
    Glad to see another using the hobby for father son time!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    oldfish15
    Top Bottom