• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    I have only found Subguns, Sturmgewehr, and GB. Is there any others i should check out? I plan on checking out a few things at 21st Century at some point, i just want to window shop a little. I'm looking for a 9mm SMG like a M11, or i would really like something like a grease gun, but no stens, think MP40 style. Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Umm, 1985?

Hoenatly, you've found the best places to look. Your best bet is to have cash in hand and put up a WTB ad. Folks will come out of the wood work. You just have to be patient. Finding a good deal on an MG is a primer for patience when it comes to waiting for the damned stamp to come in! You could also head down to Knob Creek and hope to find a deal. I've heard teh last couple of shows sdown there (last fall and this spring) were veritable ghost towns. Folks are willing to make better deals when there are less shoppers; supply and demand and all; y'know?

Best of luck!
    Doug K

ps what's the chopper you are kicking over in your avatar?

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    Umm, 1985?

Hoenatly, you've found the best places to look. Your best bet is to have cash in hand and put up a WTB ad. Folks will come out of the wood work. You just have to be patient. Finding a good deal on an MG is a primer for patience when it comes to waiting for the damned stamp to come in! You could also head down to Knob Creek and hope to find a deal. I've heard teh last couple of shows sdown there (last fall and this spring) were veritable ghost towns. Folks are willing to make better deals when there are less shoppers; supply and demand and all; y'know?

Best of luck!
    Doug K

ps what's the chopper you are kicking over in your avatar?

Thanks for the reply, i have considered going to knob creek, but i would rather not have to pay multiple transfers. The chopper is a 1971 Triumph that my father, brother, and i built.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    You would be surprised, many guns at shows like Knob Creek will already be on Form 3's so they will at least transfer to an Indiana dealer for free. Then you will have to pay $50-$100 depending on the dealer for transfer.

But you are talking 6-8 weeks wait instead of 6 months+.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Yeah, most of the guns at the Creek are owned by dealers, so they transfer to your Indiana dealer for free. It will add another little bit of time to the process, but....

Cool chopper! I'd love a Triumph some day, but am building an XS650 hard tail right now..... More in my price range!

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    I have a few motors, and all kinds of parts for an XS 650, i am going to build a bobber XS650 with a hardtail frame and girder front end i have. If you need any parts let me know.

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    Your best option is typically buying from close friends when they upgrade to a new machine gun (or loss their job now days). Plus one can often get a few dollars worth of mags and accessories for a reasonable price.
    A good price on a machine gun tends to be where you find it and one needs to have cash and move fast for the really good deals.

While also like the MP40s and Grease gun, would not write off the Sten as you can get into a good one for not much more than the M11 with an after market upper.

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    I hear the Mexican drug cartels got some cheap from the BATF. Perhaps they would sell you a " value priced MG"! I didn't think you could put value priced and machine gun in the same sentence.

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    Your best option is typically buying from close friends when they upgrade to a new machine gun (or loss their job now days). Plus one can often get a few dollars worth of mags and accessories for a reasonable price.
    A good price on a machine gun tends to be where you find it and one needs to have cash and move fast for the really good deals.

While also like the MP40s and Grease gun, would not write off the Sten as you can get into a good one for not much more than the M11 with an after market upper.

I don't have any friends that have any MG's, I guess i will check a few more places, then if i can't find something, i will post a WTB ad on a few sites.

orange

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Gary! Not cool.
    MGs are value priced now? :laugh:

Makes me think of Walmart. Come in, we're having a sale. Submachine guns, twenty cents a pound. GPMGs two for the price of one. M16s by the barrel.

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    MGs are value priced now? :laugh:

Makes me think of Walmart. Come in, we're having a sale. Submachine guns, twenty cents a pound. GPMGs two for the price of one. M16s by the barrel.

I just mean i don't want to spend $10,000.00 on a MG, I'm looking for something as a beginner. I know there are no $2000.00 MG's, just looking for something to break into the addiction that NFA items are becoming.

ssgjason

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Southern IN
    I just mean i don't want to spend $10,000.00 on a MG, I'm looking for something as a beginner. I know there are no $2000.00 MG's, just looking for something to break into the addiction that NFA items are becoming.

A few months ago, I saw an M10 frame for $2,000. It was gone...very quickly. There was also an M10 that just sold for $2600 a few days ago. That is inexpensive compared to the recent market, I wish I would have seen that one sooner.

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    For discussion what would you like the most, what are you thinking of doing with the machine gun (i.e. subgun matches, blasting, going out west and shooting in Machinegun shoots etc.) and lastly what type budget (most of us end up selling off a few of the Title 1 toys when we get bit by the machinegun virus ;-).

Lastly what have you fired, should be able to connect with someone locally who is shooting what you are looking at.

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    I am thinking a M-11 with a Lage slow fire upper, or a MK 760. I haven't had the chance to shoot either, but they are in my price range. I am looking for private shooting, maybe a machine gun shoot or two, and hopefully NFA open shoots. I can be patient, so i won't just buy the first cheap thing i see, but i know what my limit is, and it means i need an entry level MG.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    I am thinking a M-11 with a Lage slow fire upper, or a MK 760. I haven't had the chance to shoot either, but they are in my price range. I am looking for private shooting, maybe a machine gun shoot or two, and hopefully NFA open shoots. I can be patient, so i won't just buy the first cheap thing i see, but i know what my limit is, and it means i need an entry level MG.

Of those two I say go with a SWD M11/NINE, try and get a 1985 made model and put no value into a NIB one because it won't be NIB long so why spend the extra $500-$750 for one. If I were you I would buy the Lage upper off of Richard after you buy a stock gun to prevent second hand mark up. The two/three year waiting period like I waited for my first one is over now and they should be in stock most of the time.

If you look hard you will find a stock M11/NINE for $2700-$3000 off an individual in Indiana so you can do a FTF Form 4 with no dealer transfer fee. I would inspect it in person first and make sure he/she seems like the kind of person that is stable enough to be around an actually get a hold of you when the stamp is mailed back to him. I would also insist the seller circle the "MAY RELEASE INFO TO TRANSFEREE" yes and that you be able to record the serial number or get a copy of the form 4 so you can track progress of the transfer and get a pretty quick confirmation that he at least filed the paperwork.

Buying a MG is not only a big financial investment, it is also a huge trust investment. You are trusting the whoever you are sending thousands of $$$ to is actually going to follow through in 4-6 months when it is time to transfer the weapon.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!! :ar15:

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    Friends have been known to let the buyer have everything but the receiver with a 100% down payment.

Made the same offer when I sold my PS MAC10 but the friend did not wish to, so I could bring it out when we are shooting together for him to use his MAC10.

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    Drakkule,
    Have you thought about checking out the Slide Fire stocks at 21st Century Firearms? I think they are the only dealer in Indiana for them and the stocks are BATF-approved. This means full auto capability for around $350. See the video 21st Century made here: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EezSiEVkCo8[/ame]

Top Bottom