• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Were you aggin 'em before being fer 'em?

• Total voters

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    Dad was a gunsmith. Pro gun all the way. Now he was mostly black powder so that was our emphasis but liked them all. I bought my first car by finishing a double barrel ML shotgun.

ryancantshoot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2013
    The City
    I was never vocally anti-gun but I had a vision of certain gun owners that i think is generally fair (and not good). Most gun owners are good salt of the earth people though and I didn't appreciate that when I was younger.

As crime got nearer and nearer to me and mine I started to take the issue more seriously.

TheFireArmorer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Bloomington
    I voted ambivalent, because I can't honestly say I was "pro-gun". I, like many others, grew up playing with BB guns shooting tin cans and whatever else I found lol. I remember that as being what I had the most fun doing. But, I grew up without any "real" guns in the house. My parents were by no means anti-gun, but just didn't own any. This, I think, resulted in me not really caring one way or the other about firearms. I would shoot .22's, shotguns, etc. at friends' houses, but never really wanted one for myself. When I turned 21, I decided that I really wanted a pistol, because a couple of my buddies had them, and I had a blast shooting with them. I still didn't think of it as something for self-defense, until that same year, my parents' house was broken into. A co-worker of my dad's asked what he would have done, had him and my mom been home. He relayed this question to me and we both realized at that moment it was time we had a way to defend ourselves. Since then I've started quite the collection and am interested in just about anything and everything firearms related.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have always had an interest in guns but while living out on the west coast for a little over a decade, I did not think much about them. They faded from my every day life and I had let the interest disappear. I think I've made up for it since then though.

mugable

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I grew up around guns. I was too young to remember the first time I shot one but it was a .357 revolver of some kind (with my father's assistance of course). Generally any time I'd visit my family in Ohio for holidays and such the long guns would come out and we'd shoot clay pigeons or go out in the woods and shoot cans. I never had a problem with guns I just never felt like owning one of my own since I lived in the city and couldn't get out to shoot much. I had my dad's old rifle but it just sat in my closet as a keepsake. Now I carry every day and practice at least once a week, more if I have the time.

Degtyaryov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Sadly yes. I grew up in a liberal household and my parents hate guns, so I was never exposed to them and just reiterated their views until I learned more about the matter.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    On a scale of 0-10, where 0 is an anti-gunner, 5 is ambivalent and 10 is Mr. Pro2A, I think I have always (up until December of 2012) been about a 3 or a 4. I used to make fun of the "cold dead fingers" types. Now I think I am one. I wasn't raised with a Dad or strong male adult around to show me the pleasures of guns and hunting. I kinda regret that. And even in Dec. of 2012, if you had told me that in less than 2 years, I'd have 5 pistols and 11 long guns, I'd surely have called you a liar. It's just a damned shame I lost most of them in that tragic boating accident this spring...

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    I've always been interested in guns but until I dived in, I really bought what the media sold me about gun control. Once I bought my first gun and understood what the potential consequenses were, I changed my mind PDQ!

maddogmech

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Can not ever remember not being around guns, recieved my first BB gun at 10 but had to have mom or dad around to shoot it. And only after the now son talk about firearms. Once I got to move up to the 22 it took forever to out shoot my mom which my Granddaddy taught her and the other 12 siblings she had how to shoot.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    used to be one of those "put up your dukes or youre a coward" types.....then i shot a gun, enjoyed it...then i realized not everyone can win every fight they need to and that the physically dominant person may not always be in the right.....so yea, i swapped...but i was never a leftist anti second amendment type..i just figured i'dnever need a gun...and so far, i havent, thank god

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Never... Grew up with loaded, unsecured guns all around and was taught they were dangerous and how and when to handle and use them. Never considered them any different than a hammer, crowbar, etc. Lucky for my upbringing, I guess.

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    Grew up in a household that wasn't exactly anti gun, but wasn't allowed to even have a BB gun...probally a good call from my parents perspective.
    Bought my first .22 marlin at age 25 or so and graduated up to a 1911 at 30.
    Now have a dozen different arms in the safe and loving it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Raised in a Pro 2A household, but I personally never really got "into" guns. I support the 2A and hope for true Constitutional Carry/ownership at some point, but guns are just tools for me. I never really got into them as a hobby.

st33da

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    Greenfield
    I have had my own 10/22 since about the age of 10 or so but never really got into it until recently. Prior to my interest in firearms I never really gave it much thought nor did I ever feel uncomfortable when seeing someone carry in public. If I had to label myself though I would say I was pro gun simply because I did not care if people carried. Those who carried were just another person to me.

Top Bottom