• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    You know J, I believe you are correct. I think I read that too and now that you remind me of it I'll call them in the morning. Thanks.

Cat

They sell bacon,but in store only.You have to physically drive to pick up bacon,they can not ship it out in any way.The online(mail order period) sales rights have been purchased(Yoders).

45Cat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Oh. Well, that does make a difference since I live in Florida. Yoders it is then.

Thanks for the help.

Cat

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    They sell bacon,but in store only.You have to physically drive to pick up bacon,they can not ship it out in any way.The online(mail order period) sales rights have been purchased(Yoders).

When did this happen? I placed an order in January through their website. Very good customer service. :yesway: A cursory look suggests the website hasn't changed:

Order Online

45Cat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Did that cursory look spot any bacon for sale? Mine didn't, but that doesn't mean a thing I've missed things that a blind duck with a glass eye stuffed up his rear could see.

Cat

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    You can order any product they have but bacon on the website(it is not even listed). Also you can make orders over the phone,but again they can not ship bacon.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Just a heads up...when I called about a week ago they said that there was a very good chance you would see the bacon available online in the near future. The lady did not say when for sure but that it was a very good possibility more then once and might save myself the drive. Yoder's has a huge mark up compared to what you can get it for through them.:twocents:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    smokingman,
    thank you for posting this.

could you post a picture of the "nutritional facts" portion of the label for the canned beef?

my wife and i are considering going down to their store to get a few cases, but i'm curious what the salt content is and my wife likes to track the protiens/carbs/fat and vitamin/mineral counts into are planning in our food budget (she went to grad school for dietetics). we'd hate to drive all the way down there and decide we don't want it, if its possible for you to give us a look at a label.

We'll probably get it anyway, because i'd like to have some beef in our long term food storage plans.

thank you.
    I must have missed this request.
    51rn8z.jpg
    Beef with Gravy.

If anyone wants any of the others let me know.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    That's awesome! I guess I didn't see the original thread. Burkettsville is a hop and a skip for us. And guess who's on his long weekend! Woo hoo! Might just have to take Mama on Safari. Thanks for posting again to revive this gem.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Werling makes great stuff. Their customer service is really good and they actually care about and stand behind their product.

Have yet to try the bacon but all the rest is good to go 2+ years on.

Couldn't you just salt-cure bacon?

indysafe317

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Indy South Side
    If anyone has made a run recently, what is the in store price for the bacon. It's a longer trip for me in Indy so I would probably make a group buy of 10-15 cases. It used to be about 90.00 a case. Anyone know.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    BACON!

Bumping to ask the same question left unanswered above.

Has anyone been to Werling & Sons recently and, if so, how much was the bacon?

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    I am bumping this for one reason. Not only have prices not changed much ($115 for cases(12) of 28oz chicken ect...but now Werling and Sons has FREE shipping!

Great for someone who now lives over 1100 miles away :)

https://www.werlingandsons.com/product/canned-chicken/

Only problem is this message greets you on their homepage. "Due to current events we are temporarily not accepting online orders. Please check back at a later date as we will update as soon as we can."

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Has anyone bought the keystone canned meats and if so how does it compare to the werling canned meats?

Haven't tried the Keystone beef yet (it's waiting in the pantry, though ;) ), but we prefer the Keystone chicken over the Werling.

It is also much cheaper. Even with free shipping, at the current price of $126.50 a case, the Werling is over $10.50 a can.

Current price for 28oz Keystone at Wally World is $6.28 a can - https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=keystone chicken

I think it's more like $7.88 at our Meijer.

That said, if you can't find Keystone on the shelf or at walmart.com is out of stock, Werling may be a good option.

Top Bottom