• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    My god politicians are stupid. All this waiting is going to get us all killed. Blessings to all the world for we are in dark times.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

Again, I don't see where we, "the West", have the power, authority, or right to set timetables for the actions of other sovereign nations.

Also... how do you prove a negative or a future use of something?

I reiterate, I don't think it's a good idea for Iran to have the Bomb; I just don't see how anyone else has the power, authority, right, or ability to stop them... other than by bombing them into the world's largest bowl of glass.

Blessings,
    Bill

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    All I have to say is these people blow them selves up to make there points! So a chunk of metal with a nuke is no big sacrifice. Trust me they will make more than one. They always do. Im scared of these wacko's

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    ...other than by bombing them into the world's largest bowl of glass.
    Now you're talkin'!!!!

Iran wants nuclear weapons. Let's send 'em some -- special delivery, on the tips of Trident-D5 missiles.

To ease the minds of the bed-wetting liberals, we can call it, "warhead inventory reduction."

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Again, I don't see where we, "the West", have the power, authority, or right to set timetables for the actions of other sovereign nations.

Also... how do you prove a negative or a future use of something?

I reiterate, I don't think it's a good idea for Iran to have the Bomb; I just don't see how anyone else has the power, authority, right, or ability to stop them... other than by bombing them into the world's largest bowl of glass.

Blessings,
    Bill

Thanks TRWXXA, but while bombing them into the world's largest bowl of glass is within our power and ability, we have neither the authority nor the right to do so... until they take some WMD-level action against the US, at which time I'll happily push that button.

Blessings,
    Bill

fire1035

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008

I reiterate, I don't think it's a good idea for Iran to have the Bomb; I just don't see how anyone else has the power, authority, right, or ability to stop them.

Blessings,
    Bill

This is my point as well. One would think we'd learn from the history of such plays. Moves like this are what caused incidents like Pearl Harbor.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Thanks TRWXXA, but while bombing them into the world's largest bowl of glass is within our power and ability, we have neither the authority nor the right to do so... until they take some WMD-level action against the US, at which time I'll happily push that button.
    l

So you advocate the preBush doctrine. Wait until we have a mushroom cloud over Indy, then take steps. Of course we know it won't be Indy, it will be Tel Aviv, so I guess no worries.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    You know, if it turns out they have a bomb manufacturing facility, they "could have an accident" and it blow up while they were trying to make a bomb. Of course, the accident might be delivered by a B2 in the middle of the night too. Plausible deniability...

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    Ya know... If some raving lunatic was waving a gun around in your backyard and threatening to kill your family members, would you wait for him to start pulling the trigger before you'd take action?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    So you advocate the preBush doctrine. Wait until we have a mushroom cloud over Indy, then take steps. Of course we know it won't be Indy, it will be Tel Aviv, so I guess no worries.

Haldir, I'm not advocating anything. Consider the following: You and "Joe" (no one here) are neighbors in the country. You each have three acres of land. You like to shoot on your own land. Now compare these two sentences:

West gives Iran three months to prove it doesn't want nuclear weapons.

Joe gives Haldir three months to stop shooting.

Now... Given that you are a responsible gun owner, you always follow the Four Rules and always shoot with a safe berm, but "Joe" still doesn't like it. Joe happens to be a very wealthy MMA fighter; if he doesn't want to fight you, he can spend enough money to make things very uncomfortable for you if you don't give in to his demands.

Joe does not have the right nor the authority to tell you you can't shoot on your own land. He has the power to beat the holy :poop: out of you. He has the ability to either hire others to intimidate or to line the pockets of politicians to stop you.

This is all I'm saying. The big difference is that while you are responsible, we have reason to believe Iran is not or will not be. Other than that, the situations are almost identical, IMHO.

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Ya know... If some raving lunatic was waving a gun around in your backyard and threatening to kill your family members, would you wait for him to start pulling the trigger before you'd take action?

In my backyard? He's on my property. He's toast.

In his own backyard, on the other side of the retention pond, screaming Allahu Ackbar over the fence, without a visible weapon? I'd make a point of being seen, armed.

All metaphor aside, now and/or when they have the Bomb, we make it known through diplomatic channels that overtures toward war will be met with force and extreme prejudice.

Blessings,
    Bill

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Haldir, I'm not advocating anything. Consider the following: You and "Joe" (no one here) are neighbors in the country. You each have three acres of land. You like to shoot on your own land. Now compare these two sentences:
    Okay, I'll play.
    West gives Iran three months to prove it doesn't want nuclear weapons.

Joe gives Haldir three months to stop shooting.

I guess that makes me Iran in your analogy :D

Now... Given that you are a responsible gun owner, you always follow the Four Rules and always shoot with a safe berm, but "Joe" still doesn't like it. Joe happens to be a very wealthy MMA fighter; if he doesn't want to fight you, he can spend enough money to make things very uncomfortable for you if you don't give in to his demands.
    This isn't any fun. Your analogy is immediately broken as your premise is faulty. You are saying that Iran is a responsible gun owner... errr country. Instead let's say that I am a neighborhood troublemaker. I tell every that will listen that I think that Joe's friend Jane is a harlot. That she needs to be destroyed for her transgressions. That I am in the process of piecing together a new gun that will allow me to do so. That if anyone tries to stop me they will be destroyed also. I have already been paying other thugs to enter Jane's house and tear her house up. Joe and Jane have called the police (UN) and they say it really isn't their problem. They might get involved after Jane is destroyed but ehhh, whayagonnado? So what is Joe to do?

This is all I'm saying. The big difference is that while you are responsible, we have reason to believe Iran is not or will not be. Other than that, the situations are almost identical, IMHO.

But that difference makes them far from identical. Say Switzerland decides they would like to develop nuclear power. No one would give a crap. Iran ... different story.

Top Bottom