• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Seriously?? You pull someone over for a burned out tail light and the first thing that happens is your partner whips out the AR and points it at them? This is not going to end well. I can understand that a fellow officer got shot by a criminal with an AK, but that's no reason to go pointing AR's at innocent travelers. Like we see pointed out all the time, 95% of all cops are decent people. Well, the same applies to people in their cars, even if they might have been speeding or have a light out. This is over reaction and an unnecessary escalation of force against the citizenry. Fortunately, I stay away from West Memphis when I'm in that area, and I'll make doubly sure to do so in the future.

West Memphis Police Now Using Assault Rifles on Traffic Stops|abc24 News, Mid-South News, Entertainment, Videos, Business Search and Shopping

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    fascism.jpg

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    It says the second officer will have the AR15 "at ready". There are plenty of videos online that show how this could help save LEOs lives. I just watched one this morning that showed an officer shooting with his left hand while he fumbled the keys to get the trunk open and get his rifle out. In a place like Memphis I say go for it!

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    It says the second officer will have the AR15 "at ready". There are plenty of videos online that show how this could help save LEOs lives. I just watched one this morning that showed an officer shooting with his left hand while he fumbled the keys to get the trunk open and get his rifle out. In a place like Memphis I say go for it!

Keeping citizens in cages will probably "help save" LEOs lives too. It is a scary thought to think that people want America's streets to be patrolled by quasi-soldiers marching around with assault rifles "at ready." This is not a free country anymore.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    During the early 2000s when guard guys were all over airports with M-16s it did make me a little uneasy when traveling. I don't know what thier ROEs were or even if the guns were loaded, but on full auto they are not very discriminating in a crowded terminal.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Keeping citizens in cages will probably "help save" LEOs lives too. It is a scary thought to think that people want America's streets to be patrolled by quasi-soldiers marching around with assault rifles "at ready." This is not a free country anymore.

I'm not being disrespectful but I honestly don't see the problem. When someone is pulled over they are already confronted by a LEO with their hand on their weapon ready to do anything they have to. To me this is way more personal than the back up LEO with a rifle.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I'm not being disrespectful but I honestly don't see the problem. When someone is pulled over they are already confronted by a LEO with their hand on their weapon ready to do anything they have to. To me this is way more personal than the back up LEO with a rifle.

The militarization of police is a frightening concept. Its one thing to have additional resources available if there is some hostage situation or something. But to roll out the assault rifles on the American people on a daily basis is the antithesis of what police are supposed to be. Good people should not have to be terrified of police.

Maybe cops should be given M203 grenade launchers attached to the bottom of their rifles in case the speeder isn't wearing a seatbelt...

Last edited:

Redemption

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Based on the demographics of West Memphis, the police should forgo the AR's and probably place an order with Ronnie Barrett.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I think every car should also have a TOW missile on board. You never know when the local gang bangers will be driving armored cars.

And every department should have at least 2 F-16s, since you never know when the local gang bangers might steal an Apache and start strafing the city.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Robert Paudert
    Chief of Police

West Memphis Police Department
    626 East Broadway
    West Memphis, AR 72301
    (870) 732-7555

Call or write to express your support or disapproval.

Please post any responses.

:popcorn:

Why waste the time? The Chief Enforcement Officer comes right out in the article and says he doesn't give shakes about what the public thinks.

"There's going to be some squawk in the community that we're getting machine guns. That's just too bad. That's just the way it is."

Seem, no concern over the peasants "squawking".

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    This reminds me of the new farm hand that secured the gate "after" the cows got out.

If this is what the police force requires to feel
    comfortable in making a traffic stop,
    what about the citizens that live there?

Who or what protection are they afforded?

Sounds like someone has not been doing their job!!!

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Why waste the time? The Chief Enforcement Officer comes right out in the article and says he doesn't give shakes about what the public thinks.

"There's going to be some squawk in the community that we're getting machine guns. That's just too bad. That's just the way it is."

Seem, no concern over the peasants "squawking".
    Votes talk. Squawking is merely that.

There is always a way to persuade elected officials. Unemployment usually gets their attention. The chief is probably appointed. His boss...the mayor is not.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Votes talk. Squawking is merely that.

There is always a way to persuade elected officials. Unemployment usually gets their attention. The chief is probably appointed. His boss...the mayor is not.

Uhh, okay then. Why post the address and the popcorn smiley? Are you simply trying to get people to waste their time?

Do you have an opinion on the new policy?

Top Bottom